TT'sW The Movie, finally.



And so, I cried. Much to my surprise to be very honest.

Because let's be frank. We often hope that movies which are adopted from novels to have a substantive amount of the storyline in the book. And more often than not, we are disappointed by our own high and unrealistic expectations.

Likewise, when I walked into the cinema yesterday, I was curious to see how the director was going to put together a movie from a book, with an extremely unusual storyline. Of course, I was wary that it would be substantially different from the novel.

I'm surprised I am impressed at the ingenuity of the movie and at how well it turned out to be.

They concentrated on the most important parts of the story and managed to leave out some of the important, but can-do-without characters, so that the movie concentrated on Clare and Henry as the center of attention.

I cried at some parts because it was just too much to bear. Or maybe, like I said before, I'm just seriously emotionally defunct.

I know some of you haven't watched it yet, so I won't spoil the fun. All I'm saying is that you should really watch it. Really. Better still, persevere through the book and you will find more satisfaction when you watch the movie.

And did I tell you that the cast for this movie is just perfect! Each and everyone of them (apart from Gomez) suits my image of what I thought they would be. Though we all know that Eric Bana and Rachel McAdams are the lead, I was impressed by how the both of them pulled it off yesterday.

Seriously, watch it! I'm planning to go for a second round. This time, I'm going to bring tissue along ;)

**picture googled**

Comments

me said…
thanks. u've somehow persuaded me to although i haven't read the novel :)
Haneesa said…
but you must remember that i might be just a teeny weeny bit bias due to the fact that... i love sappy movies? hehe.

but i still think it's a worth watch. it's a worth read as well, actually if you really put your mind to it :)

Popular Posts