victimless crime?


(the clutter my brain might look like now)

I do not know how many introductions I have kept in my drafts, but I know that there are many. And no, I am not talking about blog entries, but the assignment I was given last week.

Having left class for so long, I find it quite difficult to get my brains tuned in to completing an assignment. Many would think that it's just like writing those opinions I write at work, but there's actually a vast difference between the two.

If Govt. Agencies/Departments send us letters asking for our opinion, at least, there is some background we can work on before we actually met out our reply. But this? It's difficult when the assignment question is a two-liner, and it's obvious there is no right or wrong answer.

Do you agree that there is no such thing as a victimless crime under intellectual property law in Malaysia? Discuss.

Now, you might think that's just a piece of cake, but it's really not, you see.

First, IP without assignments is in itself a complicated albeit interesting subject.

Second, there is no clear framework we need to work on, and if I were still a student, that would be the very type of assignment I would love working on, since I can call the shots for practically everything (but I no longer am a student).

Third, I don't have time to dig up all the available literature to beef up my assignment, and merely quoting from the internet doesn't make my assignment a credible one.

I don't even know why I am making such a big deal out of this, but I can't help it. I can't help but fuss over the fact that I can no longer write a piece of my own literature without thinking so much of the consequences. I mean, how many times have I written something for my assignment before this without being totally sure, but being able substantiate it with credible sources? Yeah. Many.

Yet, I still can't write as freely and confidently as I used to and it makes me very sad, truth to be told.

Anyone who thinks they can help me out with this is free to email me at haneesasalehin@yahoo.com because I am pretty desperate. 2 days to get this done and all I can think of is nothing. Tsk.

Comments

Athena said…
yep!! agreed!
otak macam lembap je bila tengok soalan assignment or exam...
terkebil2... kalau buat opinion sedap je boleh call orang kementerian mintak further explanation lah... document lah... nak cenggitu dengan lecturer? mampus nak kena jerkah...

victimless crime... IP??
Sorry la awak... nak tolong pun tak taw.... saya cuma tau IP right, licensing dalam context horizontal, vertical competition law je... :(

Awak buat LLM part time ke?
I tot u buat Dip shariah tu...
Haneesa said…
kan? mmg lembab sangat nak register what it is i have to do and where and how to begin. tsk tsk. this is so so sad.

i'm going for my IP course next week and for some reason, they gave us an assignment to do this time around. i'm not so sure why.

they didn't tell the marks and there is no limit as to the amount of pages. i'm trying to keep it to the minimum. quality v. quantity for me, please. hehee

Popular Posts