Nikah Venue, Catering and Deco

I have always wanted to have my Nikah at home.

Always.

But with such a small household and also a smaller house to pair with, I have to be very realistic about my dreams.

So, when Babah said that we would have it in the Mosque, I obliged. For me, there is no point in disagreeing unless I have very solid reasons (like I will be menstruating during that time or some other more logical reason other than “I want”) and unless I managed to get enough people involved in setting the place up.

So, Ghufran it is.

My parents frequent Masjid At-Taqwa for their Subuh and Kuliah, so it was a ‘lil bit of a surprise when they decided to choose Masjid al-Ghufran instead.

The reason is simple, really. Ghufran offers a more complete wedding package (with catering, dewan makan and all) and my parents are the type who don’t really like to deal with too many vendors for a particular event. I’d have to say that it was a ‘lil bit risky because we hardly had any idea about Ghufran’s caterers’ reputation.

But Babah said that there is only so much that we can control and that we had to put a ‘lil bit of faith in them. So, we did.

I love Ghufran’s interior and its yellow lighting. The table setting and also maintable deco wasn’t so bad and the food was actually good.

The only problem on that day is that the food came out a bit too late and the guests had to wait quite a bit, which to me was quite understandable because the Nikah was done so fast.

Imagine this –

The Nikah began at 10.45 a.m. sharp and by 11.15 a.m., we were all set and ready for Upacara Batal Air Sembahyang.

Yes, that’s how fast it was.

So, from the Caterers’ point of view, they didn’t expect things to be done before noon.

But of course, from my parents’ point of view, that made them look like really bad hosts.

I told them not to worry though, because I knew that everyone there understood that there is only so much they can control.

All in all, I wouldn’t exactly applaud Ghufran for their management, but I love the place and the food is very, very nice. To try the food out, you can do so at CafĂ© Ghufran which is situated a few floors below the Mosque itself.

The Deco there is superb and the skyline at night – BREATHTAKING!


Shy to comment? Well, never mind! Your reactions mean the world to me! Make me smile today :)

Comments

Popular Posts