balas membalas

from me to him: 7 dulangs

I am not very sure whether or not I actually want to reveal what they are exactly though they're quite obvious already because I believe that these things are quite personal and that it really depends on the couple what they want and need from each other. As for Mister and I, we agreed to give each other the things we need for our nikah ceremony and also some chocolates, sweets, fruits, etc. 

To be very honest, this was the very least of my problems, actually. All I had to do was to buy the things we promised to give each other, and leave it in the good hands of my youngest aunty's most trusted friend. 

If I think I know a person well enough, I know that they will do things for you as if it is their own. I trusted her enough to know that she would want nothing but the best for me. I'm like practically her adik. Whether or not it suits our taste is a different story which can be dealt with later. But if you have decided to hire someone or list for someone's help, sometimes, the best thing you can do is to sit back, relax and leave it to their creativity. They will do a good job out of it. BUT like I said, this is ONLY if you know them well enough!

And that's what I did. I left it in her good hands 2 weeks before the ceremony, gave her a sample colour and only came back for them a day before the ceremony. In my opinion, she did a wonderful job! 2 of my favourites are:

the Ferrero Basket, which was soo pretty!

and... my Mister's baju nikah. Yeap, that's his baju nikah, alright. And trust me, it's not even close to green :)

This was the only thing I had a specific request for. I didn't want it to be seen or shown. Oh, she did exactly that! And the night before the engagement, I was frantically looking for that baju only to be told that "dia dah kena gubah" tsk :') terharu dengan kecantikan ni semua. Alhamdulillah.

And the lovely lady behind all the hard work and love of my gubahan hantaran is none other than -

K.Shikin. 

Wish I could tell you that she takes orders, but sadly... she doesn't. She's an architect by profession and does this for fun. Especially for family and friends. Don't think my gratitude to her will ever be enough for me to repay all that she has done. I did pay for the ribbons though. Heee

Oh, by the way, if you're good with gubahan and stuff, all you need to spend is around RM150 for the ribbons and trinklets. I know she bought it at Fah Lean. And you can get your alas dulang and dulang from Pesona Asmara in Seksyen 9 Bangi at only RM10 each!

So, there goes :)

Shy to comment? Well, never mind! Your reactions mean the world to me! Make me smile today :)

Comments

Popular Posts