laughing in the face of adversity.

No, there is no udang belakang mee where this blog title is concerned, so I think I will get straight to the point.

I'm sure you've been at this stage in life before; when nothing comes easy, without a challenge and with all kinds of adversity. Surely, we can't all be that perfect.

That's the stage I am currently parked at in my life. I love my job, I really do.

I love learning new things. I love working.

Yet, at work, there are just so many things you have to face. Office politics is just one of it, if not the biggest bulk of challenge. Bosses are item number 2. Workload is third on the list. And trust me, there are just so many other things in your working life which are out of your control, that you'd like to plead "force majeure" to practically everything.

Yet, there is only so much you can do. You can break down and cry. Or better still, you can laugh.

And it's so ridiculous, looking at myself in the mirror as I betulkan my senget-benget hair (from the whole day of running the entirety of the 10th floor) because there is a silly smile on my face, ridiculing myself for all the things that are happening to me, laughing at myself for all the pimples popping out of nonsensical places, one of them being on my kepala from all the nonsense which I have to face.

From 2 Units, I am now at the mercy of ALL 4. I currently have work from all four. Everyone wants everything on the same day, and I am torn between 2 bosses, feeling like a fool (buat-buat nyanyi lagu macam Torn Between 2 Lovers) and still I am laughing at myself so hard because I know that I have no option but to do a good job out of my job because in the end... I kind of like it.

And suddenly, I feel so funny so writing something so silly like this because who in their right mind would laugh at times like these like me?

HAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA! So cacatted.

Comments

Popular Posts