START EARLIER, THEN.

There are several things which really, really turn my mood off on Monday mornings. And one of it is when someone asks me to do something illegal so very early in the morning. Now, if you're in Service, you would obviously know what exactly I am talking about.

And trust me, it is so annoying, I could just kill someone out of my annoyance.

I'm probably not the most schematic person on planet earth, but with me getting caught doing bad things ALL THE TIME, I probably have become one by automation anyway. So, I might as well just be that schematic girl people love to hate, while I'm at it, right?

Thing is, I understand that sometimes, we wake up late in the mornings, have a bad hair day, trip down the stairs, get caught in the stupid Monday traffic, come in late to the office. Trust me, I have come in just like 2 minutes before 8 a.m. because I was caught in really bad traffic coming into Putrajaya.

But do you know that I started my journey at 6.30 a.m.? And that is the very reason why I could still reach the office at 8 a.m.? Living far away from the office should never be an excuse. It shouldn't be THE excuse. Where you live and where you work is a thing of your own choosing. So, don't give me sob stories about you waking up late.

And don't give me excuses like I don't understand since I have no children, no commitments, no husband to take of etc.. Come on, I was old enough to witness my mom raising us single-handedly (literally) because my dad worked so far and she had to go through the routine of sendanaktoschool-sendanaktorumahorangjagaanak-bringbottleandbakulanddiaper-gotooffice-punchcard-sitquietlyinoffice-pickanakupfromschool-gobackhomeandcook. Maybe she was late once in a while, but she would've told her boss, I'm sure.

Because, if we were late, we would tell our bosses that we would be running late. And do you know why we don't hesitate to tell the boss that we would be running late? That's because we are hardly ever late.

Come on, as much as I keep to myself most of the time in my own little space here, I do have eyes and ears. And I do know when someone comes in late every single day. And gets people to do that illegal thing on an almost daily basis. I'm not stupid, you know.

So, I don't appreciate it when people text me so early in the morning, hoping that I would entertain such requests.

To me, if you live far, start off earlier. If you've woken up a little bit later than normal, inform the boss. If you're so afraid to inform the boss, my only conclusion is that you've done it so many times, that no one really wants to hear that excuse any more.

Comments

farah said…
hahaha ape la dat person, takkan she/he didn't u know u well (mesti kenal punya kalo tak, takkan die nak mintak tlg), mesti die tau u won't break rules, even the silly ones =D

sbb tu time kat uni dulu kalo i ponteng kelas i NEVER ask u or nadnad to sign for me =P hahahaha ala boleh ponteng 3 kali per sem kan? hahahaha
Haneesa said…
haha. spot on. mmg pon i ni kan minah skema 200 percent. i mean like, dah la this morning is a monday morning and i had to fill in fuel and also touch and go and i was sooo tempted to tekan snooze button but i know better la. i mean, when you know your own shortcomings you gotta learn to conquer those problems, no?

i pon ponteng kelas ok. siap kena kantoi sama alfred ok. first time aku dapat A- for english cis bedebah.

Popular Posts