a sweaty business.

Early 2008, someone from one of the fitness clubs called me. I can still remember his name, though not the exact club he was calling from; his name is Fazly.

If he were courting/ hitting on me, I would have fallen for him since he was such a sweet talker! Called me almost every single day with the slogan; a new year, a new you!

I always told him that I needed to think things out first; that I had my financials to sort and I had to prioritise which of the services they offered that I would like to enrol for. He still called every single day telling me that I could take the whole package and then decide which classes to enter when I came over to the club. I told him I had to think.

I knew he was giving up when he started asking me what my weight and height was. It was 47 kg and 155 cm then. He was flabbergasted for a while when I unabashedly told him those details. I was also laughing, while telling him, “I told you I don’t need the gym... lalalalalala.

But he told me to come anyway so that I could tone myself and also keep fit while having fun. I was so tempted but I kindly declined. He stopped calling after that. Damn. I really thought he liked me! Hahaha. He was such a sweet talker.

Now, it’s January 2009. No one from any club has called me to promote anything. I’m relieved because I don’t have to entertain calls from sweet talking, most probably good looking, all buffed up guys from fitness centres. They sound so... tempting. Hee hee.

But at the same time, I have been having thoughts of enrolling myself into one of the gyms and the closest to home with the most affordable parking fees is of course, the one at One Utama.

It’s not because I’m paranoid of the fact that I’m growing fat or that I feel unfit. I’ve gotten over that phase. It’s more of my love to sweat without actually burning my face in the sun, which would just make me end up looking like a lobster. And of course it would be so much fun having something (extremely beneficial) to do after work instead of just coming home, eating dinner, reading a story book and sleeping. And it would give me a very good reason to bathe at night as well. I’m infamous for my hate of water.

Sweat has always worked very well for me. Sweat still does work very, very well for me.

Thing is, I’m not fat. People tell me that I don’t look my weight. And I always thought that pictures lie, but I guess they don’t after all.

I’m so afraid to come out of a gym looking bigger than I already am, with an appetite the size of an elephant.

When all I actually wanted from the beginning was to sweat. How now brown cow? To enrol or not to enrol?

I can’t grow any taller now, and I’m at 46 kg. And this is how I look.

Comments

Popular Posts