life is a cycle.and that's just the way life is.


I just got back from Tampin. If you don’t know where that is, please Google. I’m sure something will pop out. It’s got the best morning view I’ve seen so far, and the lemang there is the yummiest by far.


Now that my grandfather isn’t too well, we’ve come up with a rotation system, so that each family will come back during the weekends to keep him company, and mostly, to keep him safe. During the weekdays, my Pak Teh will be there all the time to make sure he eats well and mostly, to make sure he is safe.


In the past 2 weeks, I have seen a sudden death and an aging grandfather. My grandfather has always been older than all of us, obviously, but he’s never been gravely sick. He isn’t gravely sick now, no, it’s just that, he finally looks... and feels old. Most of the time, he’s still his joking, naughty self, but he can no longer walk too far or sit too long without feeling his age creep on him.


Yesterday morning, just about Subuh, I heard a huge thump on the floor just above where my head was laying. And my grandfather just fell. Boy, am I glad we were there because he simply couldn’t get up on his own.


At that age, we’ll all be reduced to what we were when we entered this world; babies. We lose all ability to walk, we lose our teeth, we lose our speech, we lose our sense of time and also agility and care about the world, not because we want to but simply because that’s the way it is. Life is a cycle.


And there is nothing more to that. Simply, life is a cycle and we don’t know what would become of us. My grandfather has everyone he loves around him all the time. He is loved unconditionally. He must have done something right.


I wish I knew what “right” was so that I could see into what would become of me someday. Because life is a cycle and that’s just the way it is.

Comments

Hanim Hani said…
yes, life is a cycle. i've also seen a sudden death two weeks ago and i can't even write about it. its too painful. hmm.

btw, u're from tampin? my kampung is in N9 too. and of coz i know tampin=)and lemang from N9 sgtlah sedap kan kan?
Haneesa said…
napa kite tak penah jumpa ha, masa raya?

ahhahah. let's try and make it a point to beraya this time round, k?

lemang kendong..... aaahhhh.. salivating! :)

Popular Posts