So, what the hell was wrong? I’ll tell you what’s wrong.

When we were much younger, even at the age of 17, when we were still in college, we looked up to our seniors. What more super, super seniors. They always demanded respect, but they always earned it too. And we gave the appropriate respect.


In the scenario I just mentioned above, if I were the girl cleaning the drawer, I would have stopped for a while and at least asked the Kakak which batch she graduated from. My blood would probably be pumping a little bit faster because, hey, after all, she is my super senior. That’s what I still feel when I meet K.Haly, K.Alfieya, K.Wanie, K.Bai’yah, and for the matter, Lin Ghani, who is just a year older than myself.


When someone says they used to stay in GR2, she was probably one of the High Committee members of the Prefects Board. I would have at least asked the Kakak what she thought about college now and how she thought things could be improved. I would have at least asked her for some nasihat, if any, and I definitely would have told her to just go in the room, never mind the not-very-dainty sleeper, because after all, she stayed there for a whole year while taking care of college for everyone.


And after all, she was there long before I was there, so spare the old woman some grace and let her go all crazy over the school she loves, and the places which hold some of the dearest memories during her adolescent years.


Even if I did not do all of the above, I would have at least gone to the toilet, washed my dirty fingers and salam the Kakak. It’s only logic. She may not be so old yet, but she is older, you know.


You see, I may not have been the greatest Assistant Headgirl alive, since I did get away with only 6A’s, 2B’s and even 1C for my SPM, didn’t manage to fly off anywhere and stayed in beautiful Malaysia, but that surely did not make me any less than human. At least I took the challenge as much as it hurt me and everything around me. That responsibility is not one everyone wants to take up every single day.


Getting to stay in GR2 was indeed a privilege but it wasn’t one that came free of baggage. So, please go figure.
And I certainly did all I could with all my might to give my seniors my utmost respect even when they didn’t really deserve it.

So, what have I done to not get even a fraction of recognition as at least a ex-Kakak in that school?


If you see the Treasurer of the Prefects Board of this year, tell her she’s been very rude to her super senior.


I’m telling Bonda and PIBG. You’re in no position to demand for respect when you give so little yourself.

Comments

Hanim Hani said…
wahh, sombongnyer junior now?
manjelah kak. they are not like us time dulu2. so sad!
Anonymous said…
hanisa ni kalo dah mara die jd singa, hahahahaha abis la dat girl, mesti kene target pasni, haha :)
Haneesa said…
yes, don't mess with the Kakak.
SHAHIRA A. said…
shoot, nak kenal siket sape budak tu!
Anonymous said…
apologizing on behalf :(

Popular Posts