old habits.

I wasn’t much disturbed by the recent implementation of “buckling up behind”. That’s because I’m either the driver or the co-pilot in most instances. But of late, my colleagues and I have been going out alot for lunches, and I’ve been the one sitting at the back on most days.

We’ve been joking alot about the new rule which requires us to strap on our seatbelts at the back. Most of the time, it’s the “I’m not 17 yet, so the driver has to pay, okay?” joke. And sometimes, we’re just plain silly so we ignore the rule altogether.


I, on the other hand, being the super skema girl, will always tell them to “buckle up behind!”.


Thing is, my reasons are clear; I hate for my RM 300 to fly to some random policeman who might be by the roadsides, eyeing and spying on us. You don’t see anything wrong with my reason, do you? Let me repeat myself. I hate for my RM 300 to fly to some random policeman who might be by the roadsides, eyeing and spying on us.


And I’m sure some of you haven’t gotten my point yet.


Thing is, we’re more afraid of losing our money than our safety. Get it?


If we were really cautious about our safety, I’m sure that we’d buckle up behind without even being told. But the habit of not strapping ourselves safe at the backseat is so ingrained in us that... well, it’s hard to change, isn’t it?


Is our life really worth just RM 300 do you think?


Think about it.

Comments

Popular Posts