one moment, please.

The grown men were openly weeping. And I’m sure it was not in regret. His army of men who came all the way to pay their last respects were weeping for the loss of a great man. I didn’t know him very well. In fact, I think I can count the times I’ve actually talked to him with only one hand, and maybe less. But I could see that he is well loved, well remembered and I’m sure his departure would be felt by those close to him for a long, long time. I am lost for words, Al-Fatihah to Pak Long Aie.
**************

The whole morning I was in Taman Melawati for the funeral. As I said, I don’t know the deceased at all. He is my uncle’s eldest brother and that’s as far as my knowledge goes.

Being there made me think alot about what it would be like when my turn comes. Not just when I die, but also when (and if) my parents depart before me. It was very heartbreaking to see his spouse and his 3 children. They are no longer young children, his youngest being 17 this year. But I’m sure that it has left a mark so big in their lives that nothing would ever be the same again. My heart goes out to them, as they cried in disbelief at the premature departure of their beloved father. There were no signs, just in case you wanted to know. That just shows the depth of the power which Allah The Almighty holds.

I hope I will predecease my parents. Honest. If I could have one wish, that would be it. Or I would like them to depart of natural courses which would not leave me wondering why. I don't want to think of what it would feel like if I had to see them go.

I am lost for words at the moment.
Maybe, just maybe, we could have a moment of silence for now.
Good night.

Comments

Hanim Hani said…
I hope I will predecease my parents. Honest. If I could have one wish, that would be it.

yupp kakak, kadang2 saye pon rase begitu.
Haneesa said…
itu la dear,
tapi ajal maut di tangan Allah. we just hope for the best la kan...

Popular Posts