Spotlight.



I’m always observing other people. No, it does not mean I am stalking, it just means I like to look at someone else’s outlook and perspective and see if mine matches theirs and if I’ve been too negative, too positive etc. etc.

I realize that a lot of people put the spotlight on the wrong spot in their lives. Okay, it may not necessarily be wrong because who am I to say what is right and what is not. But due to my own mistakes in the past, I know that that spotlight can be put to better use.

I see a lot of people who have everything, yet feel like they have nothing. And yes, I admit that I sometimes feel that too. Only perhaps, I’ve better control of my emotions now as compared to those times when I was so shamelessly emotional.

Sometimes, the only thing missing is a boyfriend, yet our entire thoughts revolve around that lacking and that lacking alone.

Sometimes, the only thing lacking is a good colleague in the office, yet we are so focused on the imperfection we think the entire package is a mistake too.

And sometimes, the mind is directed toward a certain direction that we single-handedly kill our happiness. Like how I can think about Cek Mek Kelate and make my own day miserable without much help from anyone but myself.

When I come to think of it, every imperfect thing in my life has a perfect companion to it and I should not complain so much.

And I think all of you out there must take heed and start pointing the spotlight at the correct spot so that… well, the other things not worthy of our thoughts would not be so highlighted.

Resolution #2: To forget the hospital and CMK, promise!

Comments

Popular Posts