for those who have forgotten what it feels like to be the one looking up.

My sister is now back in College. One sibling down, one more to go. And trust me; it’s not good that everyday gets sooner to everyone leaving me alone here.

College has changed quite tremendously. They have just added 2 more blocks, apparently for the Third Formers and those blocks are on half of the field. I wonder where we would be having our Sports Day after this. I certainly hope that it would not be in Gadut, which has a really big field. They would have such a ball watching our girls sprinting, running and jumping.

It’s still congested as ever. No one has done anything about the traffic, but I really hope that they don’t do anything more after this. Though admittedly, improvements are necessary, the whole reason why college is college is because of the unique, ancient buildings, doors and windows and tiny paths they have and the greenery which surrounds it.

And now, the only “real” lounge doors are at F2 Lounge at the Form 2 Block. All other lounges have changed their doors to the more modern glass panes. It’s really sad.

What is sadder is the people in College.

I know I’ve written about this before, but spare me some time and read, if you care about the place and want to do something about it.

My sister’s room is at Azalea, Block G. I was there this afternoon to help her lift stuff up those stairs and to more or less help her unpack. Sometimes, one just needs to go to the loo and I needed to go. I was running to the toilet and suddenly I was hearing Ms. Vicky telling me off, “Hanisa Salehin itu suka berlari di corridor! No running in the corridor! Anak Kalthum Ghazalli itu!”

But that’s not the point.

My former room was GR2. Which is right beside where the toilet is. When I was coming back from my “business”, I saw a girl cleaning her drawer at the corridor. I said ‘”hi” and told her that her room was my former room. She looked at me with indifferent eyes, said okay and carried on cleaning her drawer. I turned my back and headed to Azalea.

But since today is the first day and visitors are allowed to follow up the block, I thought it would be great if I could just visit my old room, which overlooks The Dining Hall and Square. So, I asked her permission to see my room. She said okay, and went on cleaning her drawer. I asked her if she was alone, she told me her roommate was in and sleeping. So, to respect their privacy (most of us weren’t very dainty in College, even not so when sleeping) I decided against going in. I just stuck my head at the door and made several comments about how the arrangement has changed and that it didn’t look as big as when I was there.

She said nothing. She kept on cleaning her drawer.

So, I turned my back again, asked her what her position in the Prefects Board is and was nice enough to flash her my kilovolt smile and wished her luck so that she could take care of college properly. She said, “Okay, thank you.” Full stop.

...sambungan di bawah...

Comments

Hanim Hani said…
OMG! Rude, ok??
Anonymous said…
tak friendly langsung. haish.
Haneesa said…
itu la pasal!!
sangat rude and unfriendly tak ke sedeh macam tu. isk isk isk.

anonymous, perkenalkan diri anda pls :)

Popular Posts