arrogant souls.

It’s half a year since I entered the life of a working woman. And I still refer to myself as a girl. But today, that’s not the point.

Earlier on, when I first joined service, we paid courtesy calls to the super senior officers in the Department. One very wise woman told us that in years to come, people will change and some of us will become arrogant souls, and I told her, “God Forbid”.

Apparently, it doesn’t take years and years of power and experience to make one person arrogant. Apparently, half a year is more than enough.

I’ve met many arrogant people in the short time I’ve been in service. And for me, it’s easy to just ignore them because they’ll eventually come around. And most of the time, all that arrogance is more or less called for because they are quite good to begin with and well, with all those years of experience, we would of course expect a certain “air” from them.

But arrogance from half a year on the Bench? You’ve got to be kidding me. And I didn’t even take the trouble to censor that fact because sometimes, some people need a big slap on their face to take them out of Lala Land.

I’ve been told to talk to him, but I know that all will be denied.

Tapi air tak berkocak kalau tak dibaling batu, betul kan?

Comments

Popular Posts