a pair of shoes.

Despite having a good day, something did mar it. While we were having brunch at Pelita after futsal, my friend asked me whether I have any traffic summonses and I told her confidently that I have none. I do drive like a crazy madwoman sometimes, but I always believe that it's not enough to get me a ticket. True enough, after checking via SMS, I have none.

That's of course until we saw a man in white uniform roaming the area. Happens to be that today's not really a good day for my purse, after all. I got a parking ticket, and I have to pay it.



Thing is, I wouldn't really mind getting a parking ticket if it were really my fault. Today, I believe that it was my fault that I parked by the roadside where I was not supposed to. Yet, at the same time, I believe that I did that because of the lack of proper parking spaces. And even if there were any, their prices are exorbitant to begin with. And don't start talking about it being all inconvenient and stuff.

I remember that I argued with a Taman Tun policeman once on this issue, and I was let off the hook. Because I requested one simple thing from him, and that is to find me a parking spot at that particular time of the day, at that particular place. Of course, since it was rush hour, the policeman couldn't do anything because he knew I was right. People wouldn't park at illegal spots unless and until you give them a legal one. After all, it was true that I left the car for like about 3 minutes at that time to put something in the postbox.

Today though, against my feisty nature, I decided to let it go.

And my mom just made me feel all "better" by telling me that that's a pair of shoes I could have gotten myself.

Well, we can't have it all I guess.

Comments

Popular Posts