one night only.

I can be terribly fickle minded sometimes. On countless occasions, I have thought of making my blog public again. I feel like it is such as hassle having to log into my own account, even when I don't really want to write anything.

It's not just that, it's also the fact that sometimes, blogging doesn't feel as exciting as it used to be like when I had random strangers reading about me, and dropping their two cents worth as well.

Thing is, I had too many silent readers. It was flattering, yet irritating to hear people talk about about my life so openly in front of me, when in the blog world, they didn't say hi or drop a line or comment, when something tickled their fancy. Sometimes, it freaked me out because my blog can be quite personal, though I'm not in the habit of mentioning too many names.

So, to me, if the people I know are reading and keeping mum about the fact that they are reading this space, what more mere strangers, right? I know I myself am not a fan of dropping too many comments wherever I bloghop, but I do know that it makes the author happy when I do. So, occasionally, I make it a point to say something. Even if it's just a measly line.

But otherwise, I'm just like any other silent reader. I guess what goes around, comes around? Hmmph.

Another thing that baffles me (where coming to a decision of private-public is concerned) is that I've got this niggling feeling that the blog world is no longer like it used to be. I used to have such lackadaisical attitude about what I wrote because no one took offence in whatever nonsense I decided to talk about.

Nowadays, every non-issue becomes (or more like is made) an issue. Every blog post becomes a point of contention. Just as not having readers worries the author, having too many readers you don't know of worries you just as much, because it's quite important not to offend too hard, too often.

Even if this space is ours and we are basically entitled to write what we want save in accordance with law.

I know that I have inserted the "protected post" function, but what's the point of having a blog with too many protected posts, right? It's a function I'd like to use at my convenience, yet when used too often, defeats the whole purpose of blogging, don't you think so?

I have been blogging since 2004, and trust me, the blogging scene has evolved so much, since. Even with all kinds of other social networks available, I believe that this little space serves as a splendid sanctuary for me, especially when my mind wants needs to speak, and no one else will listen apart from this virtual paper.

I'm not sure where this blog post is going, but the thought of not having to log in to my own account is so appealing, it's sinful.

Perhaps for one night only? Let's see.

See, I told you I was going nowhere. Like that's anything new. Ahah.

Comments

Popular Posts