five o'clock mental block.

Do you listen to The Mix Breakfast Show on Mix.FM? I do! And most of the time, I'm always in time to tune in to "It's a Guy-Girl Thing; Bridging the Gap between Mars and Venus".




For those who don't know what it's all about, it's actually this medium/channel they provide for people having Guy-Girl related problems to vent. Okay, well, not really vent, but to simply place their queries regarding men & women, generally.


Sometimes, the solutions they provide pursuant (?!!!)( DAMN MACAM TENGAH VET KERJA, PURSUANT?? ) okay anyway... the solutions they provide don't always solve the problems spot on. But then again, what was I expecting, right? They aren't exactly Dr. Love.

But it's been 2 days in a row now that they have provided quite good, well-researched and likable solutions as answers to the queries. On Monday, a listener emailed The Breakfast show with the following problem:

(of course, this is not in verbatim)



"If there are 2 girls out on an outing together, why do men still check out the
PlainJane when it is so obvious that the other girl out with her had gone to
such great lengths to put make up on (including fake eyelashes) and the whole
jinbang"




The answer to this was that:



"If you are beautiful, you just beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. No need for all
the make up. If you apply too much make up, the impression you are giving is
that you are trying too hard. The fake eyelashes scare men"



Psst! Do they? I don't know because I don't even use compact powder, what more eyelashes that aren't mine.

It's so easy to please me, isn't it? But to me, that answer was the most honest and logical one, so I liked it. There's no point in trying too hard, even if it is what you really are. Sometimes, we forget that men do see beyond the physical attributes of a women. At least I hope so, anyway.

And the other problem was:

(again, this is not in verbatim)



"Why does my bf treat other girls better than he treats me? Why does he say all
these nice things to them and finds it hard to say all the nice things to me? Is
he cheating on me?"



The answer to this was:



"Sometimes, men find trouble expressing their feelings to those they love. They
find more comfort in their friends instead and find that it is easy to say nice
things to them. There is a probability that your man is cheating, but if he was
cheating, he would not do all the flirting so openly."



This, I can totally relate to. Because in the earlier stages of my relationship, I found that I had so much getting used to since my bf is every girl's friend. He flirts, they flirt and they basically got much more attention than I did us being in on LDR and everything. (note that everything is in the past tense)

And I liked this answer. Because it's true as well. It's (most of the time) true that men won't cheat so openly. Tak thrill la agaknya.

Well, that's all I have to say about the Guy-Girl thing, really. Probably this is because I've had to endure certain solutions which are basically baseless and crappy, so when I can finally relate to the really realistic ones, I kind of like it.

Tune in once in a while. The Breakfast Show can give you endless laughs, which is a good start to your day :)




Especially when Serena C and Pietro are on it.

Comments

Popular Posts