suka, sayang atau cinta?

Clarification: any reference made to male includes female, vice versa.

To be very honest, I think of cheating as second nature to men. Because to be extremely honest, cheating in the mind is as good as cheating as in cheating. Only I think that the “more real” cheating with the sharing and caring and laying love on some else in the true sense deserves a break-up or at least a reassessment in the relationship. And of course, a big slap on their faces. I’m really not a big fan of sharing my man, thank you. Other than that, I concede to the fact that most guys (and girls of course) have fantasies which are too difficult to control, let alone monitor or repress.

If you remember, I’ve written in one of my earlier posts that this time of the year is the time of love and no love all at once. And when I wrote that, I was just referring to the handful of statistics of the people I knew of. And suddenly, the statistics seem to be escalating. People are messaging me and asking me love/relationship-related questions, not that I’m any Doctor Love, no. My guess is that they maybe just feel comfortable talking to me about it.

Well, anyhow. Let’s talk about cheat codes. The cheat, cheaters and the cheated-on alike.

Sometimes, I wonder why people do it. Like really. Why? When I talk about cheating, a lot of people tell me to find out both sides of the story before actually passing judgment. And as much possible, I try. But there are times when I wonder if anything at all actually JUSTIFIES cheating.

My guess is that most people cheat when they start to forget or fail to remember the small things that they first fell for. Like all of a sudden, the things they first fell for are the things they now hate so much that the one thing they want to do is to get away.

My second guess is that there is no progress in the relationship. Like the girl wants him to be like he was on day one and the guy is tired (and broke) from all the early-in-the-relationship surprises and sweet little nothings which girls are always disillusioned into thinking will last forever.

My third guess would be that there are silly little girls hiding somewhere seducing some other girl’s man, though she is fully aware that it hurts to let go and doesn’t want to share. She may also be very stupid and gatal tak hengat sampai salahkan gf orang tu pulak menyebuk.

Fourth is that you start taking each other for granted. Like you think you should do things as of right. That you should say things just because. You see, some people actually forget why they like the person sometimes because they are blinded by a feeling they think is love.

And my last guess would be the illogical expectations of both parties on one another. Like some people think that being a couple means doing all things together, sharing all secrets from day one and basically just merging into one entity from the start. How very wrong.

I know I just justified cheating but personally, I don’t condone it. Nor do I think it should be justified. Nor do I think there are any real justifications to it.

Thing is, to me, a relationship with no problems is one with the most problem. Even if some couples choose not to hold shouting matches or verbal sparring sessions, it is important to let some things out, no matter how. Bottom line is that we must firstly not hold all in until there is no more room for nothing but explosion.

And I know that flirting with a new person is somewhat exciting especially in long-term relationships, but how long can flirtations last? And how much of that flirtation is actually for real.

You see, I was inspired to write this because my colleague’s brother was caught red-handed doing some serious flirting over Myspace by his long-term girlfriend. Now, he’s left crying his eyeballs out like a sissy because he realises how much he actually can’t do without his girlfriend.

Life’s like that. You get what you give. Some people are just “lucky” it comes in cash. Most good people get payment in credit, but when you do bad, you get cash. Don’t believe me? You should try.

Comments

Anonymous said…
can i try?

dingra
Haneesa said…
aku ketuk nak?????
Hanim Hani said…
i hate liars!!! BENCI!
Haneesa said…
oh, yes. saya juga benci pentipu.
rasa nak tumbuk dengan lesung batuu.

Popular Posts