the common dilemma.

After a (late, late) night out with my colleagues last night, I realised that the problems we are facing are not much different from each other. While in the office we kept our dissatisfactions to ourselves, yesterday, it became apparent that all we wanted was something more of more.

I think there are characters which fit the profile of particular divisions. It’s not always true, but most of the time, it is. It’s like, somehow or rather, when you think of it real hard, you’d come to realise that… well, you just felt like you belonged somewhere, right from the start.

A lot of people were shocked during the interview when I said “Advisory” instead of “Prosecution”. To be very honest, it doesn’t make sense to me either because my love for Criminal Law and Facts of Cases is (or was it?) quite apparent.

But I’m here where I am and I can’t really say that I’m not happy. It’s just that sometimes, I think I could be happier (for reasons I shall keep to myself for now).

I know that my brains could be put to better use. I know that my intelligence should be the thing people take into account when they look at me. But here, I’ve been told that how you make people feel is the thing that would leave the lasting impression.

It’s ridiculous, I know. But things could be worse or would it really be better elsewhere?

I have to admit that I’m entering my comfort zone. It’s dangerous because once I’m in and in for real, there would be no turning back, especially for me. A lot of people tell us that we should take any opportunity to leave before we become too attached to a particular organisation and the people in it.

But despite all that dilemma, we all come to work the next morning, greet each other and carry on with our lives like last night never happened. A dilemma remains a dilemma but doing something we said we’d do isn’t as easy as it sounds.

We say we’d do it. We say we’ve had enough. But is it really easy to leave it all behind?

Comments

Popular Posts