i want that sunrise.



-->As far as being a (amateur) photographer goes, I still am very much a noob. Not only am I a beginner, but I am also a noob beginner. I try to carry Theodore to most places I go, but sometimes, I just don’t, and so… I end up not capturing what I should.
I like to visit online forums on photography skills and whatnot. I get a little (???!!) (Okay, A LOT actually) intimidated by their skills and portfolio and their own versions of “Theodore”. I don’t think I’m done exploring Theodore as it is, and now, I’m thinking of upgrading him. Haish.

There is actually very much to be desired in this world of photography. There was a point in time when I didn’t get the point why people changed settings when things looked good in Auto mode. And then, I read somewhere that Auto mode captures snapshots and as photographers, you’d want to capture expressive photographs. Kind of true, but I still think that some pictures look good in Auto mode so long as you’ve captured the subject you want in the proper mood and at the proper time. (Refer to Hood’s wedding photographs, which I think captured, the important things)

I’ve gone as far as arguing with my brother because he likes to use Manual mode. I think pictures captured in Manual mode have too much noise. But then again, that’s maybe because I haven’t fully explored the other features in Theodore which can actually reduce noise.

But anyways, talking about not bringing Theodore around enough, there’s this thing I’ve wanted to capture since last year, but haven’t had the opportunity to. It’s kind of ironic because I see it almost 5 days a week. But I’m neither ready with Theodore nor in the right position to do it all the time. But I’d really like to do it when I get the chance to.

Have you seen the morning skies in Serdang/ Putrajaya? It’s got splendid, generous splashes of orange and blue and sometimes, gold too. While orange and blue and gold don’t normally go together very well, the fusion I’m talking about is way too breathtaking! I’m not joking. I’ve tried staying up on Saturdays after Subuh in TTDI, but it just ain’t the same.

One of these days, I’m going to brave myself to Putrajaya to make sure I get an expressive photograph of that sunrise. That splendid, splendid sunrise.

Comments

Anonymous said…
bawak jer kamera ke hulu hilir. Theodore kecik lagi, so muat lah dalam henbeg (kalau henbeg kecik tuh susah lah sket, bawak cam my miss' henbeg, satu rumah leh bawak. hahaha)

stop kejap tepi highway, bawak tripod, pacak tripod, amik gambar.

kalau sempat, set timer, self-potrait skali tengooook! musti puas hati. XD
Haneesa said…
itu la. skarang saya letak dalam briefcase pegi keje. handbag tak muat, mungkin terkoyak pulaa.. Mamin mmg bawak beg besar... huhuh...

i so want a tripod now!
aaaaaaaaa!!!!!

mana jual murah other than pudu plaza ha. ni yang nak g skarang niiii.

cet. but thanks for the tip.
suatu hari saya akan amik jugak that photo. nantikannn :)

Popular Posts