the rise of tyrants.

Today, I’m in a really good mood to write. Although I’m still a bit tired from my weekend getaway, but I think I got my fair share of sleep and I’m all happy and chirpy. I’m really hoping that this is a sign of a good week ahead because I don’t have Monday blues. Or at least not yet. And the best thing is, today is passing by real fast. Bliss.

The news from 3 days ago is still as scandalous as it was 3 weeks ago. From sex scandals and nude pictures to abolishment of tolls to hiking of other tolls to internal political party conflicts to more politics. And don’t even talk about race relations. It’s like the ghost of the past they can’t seem to get over. If you knew me well enough, you’d know that I really don’t like politics. Like really, I sometimes think it doesn’t make sense at all since the welfare of the greater good isn’t always their paramount consideration.

I also happen to think that the political scenario of the day today is evidence of the rise of tyrants. Like “King Henry from The Other Boleyn Girl” kind of tyrant. Maybe the situation isn’t as grave as it was back then; maybe the things they legalise for their own good isn’t as bad or as hedonistic. But it doesn’t make them correct or any better than those in the past. In fact, it’s enough proof that we haven’t improved nor moved on to become better people despite the advancement in our lives.

A lot of mockery is made out of legal institutions. A lot of mockery is made out of enforcement bodies. I don’t blame the public. I don’t blame them for no longer giving the benefit of the doubt. And although I don’t like what is happening right now, there seems no way out. We are going through terrible times because of legimation crisis; where the people don’t trust their governors anymore. And it’s really sad, like real sad to see the legacy of our forefathers who worked so hard in the past go down in shambles.

And from what I am observing, I think that those on top aren’t aware of what they are doing to our already fragile ties in the society. The ones with no names and no real or important roles are the ones who are trying so hard to preserve the Ahmad-Muthu-Tan relationship and to keep the cynicism and doubt to the minimum. But all is being spoiled bit by bit and it’s alarming. What we had was good.

I wish there was more walk than talk. I wish I could do the walk, but I know I can’t. What are we to do? Really, what are we to do?

Comments

Popular Posts