where to next?









--> -->Last weekend was splendid and wonderful. A lot of people seem to think that life’s a bore when you get together with your colleagues even after office hours, but I don’t think you have colleagues like mine. Because we really had a blast last weekend, I’m sure we all secretly wished that we started the whole thing on Friday instead of Saturday because one day just ISN’T ENOUGH!
The evening we arrived, we left the boys to start the fire (and to start cooking our dinner as well. hey, it was a fair bargain, we prepared everything beforehand. they just had to grill) while we took a walk by the beach. Life on the beach is just… the life! Ahhh, pure bliss. The wind was blowing in our hair and face and we were just enjoying it as it came.

And the beaches are surprisingly clean. The last time I went to PD was probably 3 years ago and I sure wasn’t impressed with its condition. We were running and laughing and Theodore really loved the girls, we all look so pretty and happy :)

At night we ate and ate and ate until we were half drunk (with too much seafood and chicken, of course), we drank the super sedap drink that Shida made and ate the food we brought from home plus the ones the boys grilled. I’m so glad we (the girls) can all cook. Really. All the food was super scrumptious. Pity we had to throw some (okay, a lot) away because we were just too full and there was no refrigerator to put those things for later consumption.

And then! My colleagues surprised me with my birthday cake! I was so, so, so shocked. When I was too full to eat or even drink, I took over the grill and started cooking the food. And all of a sudden, they switched the lights off and came with my birthday cake! Chocolate cake! Aaaaa, my favourite. It was really, really sweet of them. I didn’t even sniff a surprise, ehehhe.




That night, we also made a trip to Navee’s house to give away bags and bags of barbequed food, plus loads of chicken. We hope your family enjoyed it dear :)

And that night, while they were all talking about boy bands and old songs and whatnots and while they were crapping and acting silly and singing their hearts out, this is what yours truly did. Heeee.




That was why the next morning, I woke up (a little bit earlier) to the sound of the waves [mine and Shida’s room faces the sea. Sorry girls ;p ] and decided to take a walk with Ayu on the beach. No sunburn, yeay! I’m so happy. But I still am a (little bitokay, alot) terrified of the sea, so I didn’t do a full dip. Ombak kuat la, saya takut.




All in all, the entire trip was a great retreat for all of us. Sure we have lunch with each other everyday but it isn’t the same. It really isn’t. Being in a different place (except for Navee maybe since she lives in PD) really brings out the real us. We were all so open and carefree; I wish we could live on the beach like all the time. It’s great to be out of our working gear and dress up for a silly little party for 6.

I want more getaways like this, where to next?

Comments

Anonymous said…
can you please throw away the blue dress?

thanks you

impick

Popular Posts