pelita.


This morning when I arrived at the office, I noticed something different about my office, specifically, my wing of the office – it was dark; as in pitch black.

Although I hesitated a bit when opening the door, I finally made my way in and squinted in the dark for my punch card. Luckily, one of the emergency lights was switched on, so it wasn’t too much of a struggle.

And obviously, no one in their right mind would stay in such darkness for long. You don’t know what’s lurking behind those doors, right? So, I left some of my things at Navee’s place and went downstairs to get myself some breakfast. I’m always too hungry in the mornings. I feel very pregnant, thank you.

When I came back up, most of the lights were already switched on. But it was still dim. But since my place was considerably well-lit, I switched the computer on and waited… waited… and waited… and suddenly, it told me that I wasn’t connected to the internet.

So, that’s how I began my Friday; dark and not connected to civilisation.

Thing is, that’s not really my point. My point is that we rely so much on technology, we’re practically disabled every time we’re cut off it. I wonder how they did it in the past. I get irritated when I type wrongly because it is such a hassle when we need to amend. I can’t imagine what it felt like using typewriters back then…

And don’t even talk about typewriters. What about communication? Like the only modes back then were most probably snail mail and telegram. I think even telephones were considered a luxury.

We have become slaves of technology don’t you agree.
To me, a computer without internet connection is as good as nothing.
An office without lights? It's quite pointless to come to a dark office, isn't it?

Amacam? Nak revert to lampu pelita?

Comments

Hanim Hani said…
ohh i cant live without my internet connection. the longest pon 3 to 4 days jer=)
Anonymous said…
hi chantek :)

nessesse

Popular Posts