it was fun!









Oh, did you know that I went to Sunburst KL ’09 last weekend. To be very honest, I’ve never been to a concert before, apart from Rentak, which I don’t think you would call a concert at all, really, because it was more of a charity thing. So, I can’t compare Sunburst to anything. All in all, I think it was okay. The line up was a bit disappointing to me, because I’m not really a big fan of KORN or N.E.R.D. But I thought the local line-up did a good job.

I’m a big fan of Hujan, and I’m glad that they were there. Their songs are way more meaningful and artistic that Bunkface’s but Bunkface is new and they are better crowd pullers. I thought Nidji was splendid too! I really enjoyed the songs they played. I mean, my brother has been harping on how good their songs are and everything, but I didn’t know that they were THAT good, so, yeah, I’m really happy with their performance.

I guess the most disappointing band was Butterfingers. Believe me when I say that I jumped like an excited chimpanzee when they played Viopipe! It gave me chills just hearing the sound of it! But the excitement stopped there because they kept on playing new songs from their latest album, which not all of them are good, to begin with. I was really disappointed when the more famous numbers like Chemistry, Girl Friday, Kabus Ribut and Wet Blanket were not played. They even said they didn’t want to play Chemistry because they played it at Istana Budaya(???!!!) I was like? What does Istana Budaya have to do with Sunburst? We paid so that they play the songs WE want, not the songs THEY want.

Man that was a real bummer.

Apart from that, I think my cousins and sister and I had a really good time. Though they were literally sleeping while KORN was playing. They must have been really tired because KORN songs are a far cry from being soothing lullabies.

Thanks to Anep who got me cheap tickets.

Thanks to Abduls for his neverending “bodyguarding”, which he did out of principle, really. Takde orang suruh pon.

I had fun! Let’s do this again!



(hopefully line-up pada masa hadapan adalah lebih baik. mungkin 2008 line-up again? satisfaction guaranteed!)

Comments

Hanim Hani said…
arghh! bestnyer. i like hujan too. and I LOVE n.e.r.d.

next time dpt ticket murah beritahu plz? hehe=)

and i loove all ur pictures! giler cute=)
Haneesa said…
laaa... i didn't know you liked them!! haritu ada tickets lebih tapi tatau nak jual kat siapa...

hish. nvm k. next time ada lagik promo and stuff, we go together..

i also like the pics that day.
tapi tak bole bawak theodore masuk :(
Hanim Hani said…
yeah mmg jahatkan dorang tak bleh bagi masuk camera?

i went to Live and Loud last time and terpaksa nyorokkan my cam. haha.

haruss k infrorm me next time?thanks babe!

xoxo

Popular Posts