good to know :))

Oh my god.

My first year in school was horrendous. I remember waking up (quite late) one morning, quite disoriented, quite groggy, and quite panicky and the next thing I know is that I couldn’t find my towel and toilet slippers.

My toilet slippers back then weren’t those with colourful bubbles or flower motives. It was just a pair of white-blue selipar getah which made squishy sounds as I walked back cold and shivering from the toilet

Now, who would have thought ANYONE would have any kind of fancy on my selipar getah? But my towel was a nice pink one with a huge Winnie the Pooh on it. But for the whole 4 months I was there, no one ever bothered to glance at it, let alone steal it. Now who in their right mind would want to steal someone else’s USED towel?


Oh, yes, the fourth and fifth formers, that’s who.

Not only was I late. The rest of the dorm was also late. Not only were we late, we were scurrying like little lost rabbits looking for our lost property. In the end, whoever was lucky enough managed to grab whichever slipper they could find and the least lucky ones (myself included) had to walk barefoot to the toilet to bathe from those pipes which mercilessly sprouted cold water.

As if losing our property wasn’t enough of a mess already, some of my friends were covered in white substance and smelt like mint. They had toothpaste painted all over their faces! Like hantu, get it?! And as if that wasn’t enough, did you know what we saw? We saw where all our property went to.

They were (quite creatively, I must say) tied across the blocks where we lived (Block C and Block D).

The fourth and fifth formers of blocks C and D (where I was staying) combined their loot (our property) and tied them like streamers across the blocks! And our slippers were like horrified subjects hanging over a flying fox!

That was what they did for April fool’s day, back then in College.

Of course Ms. Vicky found out and the seniors got a really big spanking (not literally). Ms. Vicky didn’t like the whole idea of face painting people with Colgate since it’s dangerous. After that… I can’t remember any other time when April fool’s day was celebrated as elaborately it was that year. In the years subsequent to that, we were always anticipating, but nothing came.



Until this year came.

I mean, I know I’m no longer in College. But the friends I have in the office are young… and naughty. Even the not so young ones are super naughty. I swear I felt my heart was popping when they broke the news! They were telling us (the committee) that we were to work with the LEAST liked person here in the entire universe (okay, Division!). She knows nuts about non-substantive work and would be best described as a slave-driving delegator.

And then, at the meeting, our Mdm. Chairperson asked whether or not we heard of the news (broke by her Vice) and then she asked, “Apa tarikh harini?”

And I nonchalantly answered, “1st April”

And then laughter came in ripples like crazy! She and her Vice-chairman tricked us!

Naughty betul diorg ni laaaa. Good to know that some simple things like these can really make our day, kan?

Comments

Hanim Hani said…
ohh i hate april fool when i was in form 2. have to do my dorm duty again and again! pnat ok i buat shoes!=(
Haneesa said…
ahahhahahah. those were the days my dear! mmg teruk sangat diorg kenakan kita... hehhe. but they remain the good memories, although they were bad experiences. so i guess that's okay, hehehehhehe

Popular Posts