can we have it all?

Today’s been a really good day. I don’t think we will ever get tired of Shah Alam. I know it’s just Shah Alam and not the UK or Aussie, but it still is the place where a significant part of me grew. So yes, in a way, its home to me, like it or not.

We were there for a career talk today. Half of the faces there are faces I recognise but hardly know their names. They look so enthusiastic, wide-eyed and dopey. Now, I hope anyone reading this from that batch (if any) don’t take offence. I don’t mean it in a bad way at all. I just think that having looked at you today reminds me of how I used to be. So naive, so uncritical and so ambitious about what awaits for us out here in the real world. Let’s keep it that way, for now at least. We could all use some positivity.

The real world is one thing you’d have to deal with at some point in your life and you’ll come to terms with the fact that nothing in this world is ideal, of course. I hope you’re thankful we came because I wish someone had told me the things Azlan Roni told us. Had I known, I would have probably taken another route perhaps? But that’s okay. For now at least.

***

I also had a blast with my Mamita dan Adlin. We went to Anura to get our hair done (potong split ends saje sebenarnya). I don’t think I look that different. Because hey, I don’t look different at all, thanks to having a boyfriend who has a sixth sense where it comes to his girlfriend’s all-time-favourite hobby of going to hair saloons to get her hair did in this way and that. Percaya la saya takkan potong macam nyonya dah. Satu inci pon saya marah dia tadi. Hehe.

But anyways, it was good because I got the regular shampoo girl who has nice fingernails. She’s really good and does what you tell her to. She really washed and scrubbed and massaged me for the longest time just now. I wish Shah Alam were nearer. But then they would charge alot more expensive than now, of course. Well, like I said, life isn’t ideal.

***

We went to Cineleisure for late lunch and movies. As with all noodles, I end up playing with my food and slurping all the gravy. I wished I had a straw to help me do that? Erk, no. I was just being silly, really. I finally got to watch the much talked-about Talentime. For a Malaysian movie, it’s good! Really, you should go and watch it. It makes a bold statement about the state of affairs in our nation at the moment. Sila jangan beli pirated DVD untuk yang ini. Support local artists, especially the ones in this movie. Mereka sangat talented. And did you know that the soundtrack is splendid? Is the CD out yet? I would like to buy it because the songs are great songs by great Malaysian artists as well.

***

I’m a sucker for flea markets. Really, I am. I didn’t buy anything today, I know, but I’m developing a liking for dresses which I’m not sure when I’m going to wear. I wish I could just buy them and think about them when I need them, but of course, as I said, I would have to be Paris Hilton to do that.

***

Did you know that I had so much fun today? So, so, so much fun.

But even at the end of a great day like this, I still wish I had him to end it with. That’s how I know it’s him.

Well, then, we can’t have it all.

G’nite!

p.s.: Mamita dan Adlin, sila jangan gatal teka guessing game di bawah ;p

Comments

Popular Posts