stereotype

If there is one thing working life has succeeded in doing, it would be to make me more of a chauvanist/feminist than I already am. I know working life is a seriously boring subject to keep on dwelling on and it is something most people can't relate to, either because they love their job so much or they are indifferent. But I have to let it off my chest somehow right?

Why do men get away so easily? Why are they able to chair a meeting and get away not knowing anything about things and not get censured and still leave happy? Because they delegate and they really don't care. That's what they do best. So they may be a little bit more generous in terms of giving credit where it is due, but where dishing out ideas are concerned, the women are always those who always contribute.

And yet, some factions had the guts to raise the issue about discrimination where promotion and top positions in the Government are concerned. How dare. Have you seen the amount of work women have to do? I would love to see the expression on their faces when they see the statistics of "beban tugas" in my office and how much of them are handled by women. I would love for them to sit through one of our meetings and see how much of the responsibilities are handed down to the same women time and time again because as you all know, women really can't help it. They do the best they can in everything that they do because that's just who they are.

Plus, when they don't do their best, they get censured, unlike men. And I know that most men will now smirk and say, "Sapa suruh semangat sangat?". Yeah, because we are honest like that. Gaji halal itu penting.

Point is, what I can see now is that most of the implementors are women. They men give ideas and expect the women to carry out their ideas. They won't do it themselves because kerja renyah kan. Perempuan pandai la semua tu.

So, the next time you see a woman rejecting a piece of work, it just means that she's had it. You can't keep on turning to the same person again and again countless times just because you don't feel like training some other people. That's really not the women's problem. You can't nominate the same 10 people for 3 separate groups just because some other people can take leave without feeling guilty and some others go off at 4.30 p.m. sharp although a meeting is still going on.

And though it was very uncharacteristic of me, I rejected a piece of work outright and told them I had other things to do. I know that some people might think that they have other things to do as well, but some things ARE within the boundaries of your control. I decided to take control of my life today.

So be it.

Comments

Popular Posts