compensation. compensation now begin.

I don't know about you but there are just times when you badly want some things, yet you are not getting those things for yourself. For e.g, you really, really fancy these pair of shoes, yet you hesitate to buy it and then, you don't buy it. And the next thing you know, you've got about 3 other pairs of shoes to compensate for that one shoe you decided not to buy.

It's just like what I am facing right now, but it's not shoes I am having trouble with. It's gadgets. Remember how badly I wanted the wide-angle lens converter? And how I wanted the battery pack, flash unit etc. etc.? Guess what? I haven't bought a single one of those things yet. Every intention of getting those things have been shot down due to... discouragement and lack in resources, I guess? I mean, I do have a little bit of money to spare, but then, next month's expenses will be many. I have to put alot of things on hold for the moment. Just until that "I have to pay for so many things" phase passes by.

So, to compensate for my inablity to buy the things I really, really want, I ended up buying  a pair of shoes I don't need. Complete with justification that I don't want to spoil my favourite wedges, so I have to get another pair of shoes so that I can alternate between the two since I equally like both.

I also bought some stuff that the staff in my office was selling this morning because... saja-saja (!!). I feel like buying a new MP4 because I have this belief that I will be more motivated to get on with my workouts and hikes (fine, I know I don't need it. I just like to be healthy, thanks).

And right now, I even feel like buying accessories. Yes, I know. Jewellery. Like bangles I don't need. Or scarves which I will end up not using. Or... well, you get it, I know.

It's just the way things work for me. When I really, really want something and no one gets it for me, or I can't be bothered to get it for myself, I end up buying so many other things which I definitely could do without. Not that I don't need them, though. Everyone needs shoes. That's for sure. Kan?

What I'm saying is that if you really, really have something which you want, just go and get it already? Think about the burnt hole in your pocket later.

Right now, I feel like treating myself to a round of Roma's or Chillis though I know that I wouldn't be finishing the meal just because.

I also need a camera bag because mine is broken. Yeah, that would be good right? At least it's better than not getting myself anything at all.

Comments

Ummu Yousuf said…
phew..
at least i know im not in the world goin thru this! heheh=)
Haneesa said…
oh, you're not alone in it! no sirree!
yayahafiza said…
hahaha....

kakak i've the same problem as yours!!!here goes the 'chronology' :D

lost month, when i accompanied my friend to get a new mp4 player, i was so tempted to buy a new PSP for myself.... gilekn? dok xdok nk beli PSP and if it's cost me only few ringgit xpe gak.... thanks god, at the moment dpt mengawal diri (at the moment la... xtau la smpai bile)

and last week, i'm thinking of going to jalan tar to get (few?) pieces of kain to make baju kurung just to attend some wedding (do i need new bj kurung for each reception?hahaha)

few days back, my mind generating my temptation to get a new shoe(s) just for nothing.... not too forget a (big) handbag as well so that i can easily 'dump' in my things inside the bag every time i go out.ngeeee~

YESTERDAY, after work, i just had my window shopping for a purse ( purse saya dh buruk and i need to get a new one - alasan yang baik!!!)yes, i had a window shopping (glad i managed to control myself from getting anything yesterday...hehehe) but i had another temptation instead of looking only at the purse, i had my bobby brown make up trial and i feel like getting their foundation and lipstick.. hoho=p

so mcm mana ni kakak???
Haneesa said…
hahahaha. you're worst than I am! ahahahha. habisss laaa. pokai la ada orang tu tak lama lagi. hehhee
yayahafiza said…
haha... dh pokai dh ni kakak.... so, i'm trying to control myself (not) to get all those things... or else, next month, sy makan pasir.... hahahahaha~
shueyshoelove said…
more of therapy for the soul? heheh. i so get ya!
Haneesa said…
shuey: oh, yes, that's what i'm talking about alright :)

Popular Posts