work station.

Meeting after meeting. And there's another one which I need to attend ALONE today. Yeah, yeah. I tend to make a big deal out of having to go to meetings alone and it's annoying, I know. After all, if I were working "out there", I would already be a full-fledged lawyer. But still, that doesn't make me less scared. It still unnerves me, thinking about the answers they want, which I obviously don't have.

Everyone is much too busy nowadays. At the rate that everyone is going, we're all going to die young.

I noticed that most of my colleagues who talk about leaving don't have plans to continue in the legal profession when they finally do. And that includes yours truly (though I have talked about leaving numerous times and have yet done it after almost 2 years) though I don't really know when I'm leaving. 

All I know is the passion to carry on in this profession is waning. And the amount of people who actually want to continue toiling and struggling to make the cut is dwindling down to nothing.

It's almost always about the money nowadays, isn't it? Is there such a thing as justice anymore? Is there such thing as passion for the legal profession.

We're all so driven but we're all going towards some other direction.

Nothing appeals to us anymore, I am wondering what it is that would finally make us happy.

Don't blame me if I prefer

This.


Than this.

Comments

dokterFaryn said…
yeah, i feel the same way too. i dun feel the passion towards my profession anymore. it's just work, work, work. (to earn a living)

and sadly, they dont appreciate (and respect) doctors anymore like they did in the past.

i wish i could be a housewife :Pp
Haneesa said…
and this comes from a doctor who does a very noble job? wow. i thought it was normal for people of my profession to not like what we are doing.

i don't think i ever got over the fact that uni ended because i seem to like staying home and doing nothing.

and in your case, with your beautiful daughter, i totally understand why you wished you were a housewife.

don't we all wish for things we don't have because we think that the grass is greener on the other side?

haih...
me said…
i am ashamed to say this but i am feeling the same thing. the passion is there but i have to search for it, it seems. and yes, it IS all about the money today.

and in my case, dahla underpaid, workload tak hengat. huhu
Haneesa said…
oh, no tasha, you too?!
what is happening to us nowadays. we're all just losing that drive. yikes!

Popular Posts