The Rock Band

What do I do when I really need to say something and I can’t think of anyone to whom I can tell it to? I blog about it. But in this time and age, it’s not easy to blog about something and not want people to talk about it too much; be it upfront or behind your back. Hence, this private post.

I’m entering a new phase in my life and for the life of me; I never thought that this year would begin with a rock band.

And before anyone thinks that my love for Guitar Hero has reached an insane level worthy of therapy, it is not that kind of rock band I am talking about.

I am talking about the rock and the band. Both of which are there for me, just waiting for the best time to find its home on my fingers.

There were hints of the existence of the band even before I left the country for a long break. I didn’t believe it then because I didn’t see the band for myself, but since I am the bearer of all receipts, I see now that when somebody tells you they love you, you gotta believe them. No one jokes about marrying someone when they go 2 steps ahead of you and tell you halfway through a movie that a ring is waiting for you somewhere.

I love to dream ahead of myself and I hate it. But when somebody tells you they love you, you really gotta believe them when they tell you that the first thing both of you will be doing upon touchdown is to get the rock for the other ceremony. And this time, I got to choose. I chose a perfect solitaire from Le Lumiere. It’s beautiful and it’s really shiny. And it’s so valuable that I am not allowed to keep it. I’m not even allowed to peep until that date is set. It’s in the safe obviously for safekeeping.

I keep thinking of how easy our lives can change when we least expect it. I wasn’t expecting to begin my year with wedding plans. I didn’t think that I would be having the conversation with my parents and partner about the plans and checklists.

So maybe I have gone a lil’ too far ahead of myself already, but my excitement is so warranted, I no longer want it contained. As I type this, I get this overwhelming feeling from the sequence of events which have taken place since the 1st of January 2010.

As if missing my boyfriend isn’t enough to make me cry, thinking about the rock and the band makes me want to cry even more because hey, this is a really HUGE leap in my life. Thinking about something and going through that something definitely isn’t the same thing.

When dreams come to life, you can’t help but want to spend the rest of your life with that person who makes your dreams come true.

You keep the surprises coming, sayang. And for that, I love you.

Comments

shueyshoelove said…
comel la secretive macam ni. respect! for u reserve what u think is necessary for ur own knowledge at that time. =)
ZARA said…
hanisa! i really love ur thoughts. really am. after my big disappointment with my prev fiancé i never thought i would ever be married.

i sometimes thought that maybe i end up like my stepmother, being a second wife to someone perhaps.

but alhamdullilah i met him and things are great with him. we never plan to get married actually. it's all his parents and my parents.

i don't even have a rock on my finger. but i do have a gold cincin risik which i'm allergic to. our risik is somewhere in January. exactly two weeks after our third anniversary on the 1st january 2010.

yours seem to be a keeper. such romantic and thoughtful. im not saying mine is not but he is of a different species than urs. hahaha
Haneesa said…
shuey: mmg penting untuk keep some things for myself masa tu :) and i'm glad i did

zara: thnks! but it wasn't always a fairytale of course.. bila dah nak kawen ni baru la terserlah semuanya. good luck to you okay. i'm sure you'll be fine :)

Popular Posts