like a blink of the eye.

The last few days in Adelaide sort of passed by us in a blink of an eye. It was Monday, then Tuesday, and suddenly, we only had Wednesday left to do everything we initially said, "takpe, nanti boleh pergi/buat lagi" to.



We did the remaining of Adelaide sight-seeing activities on Tuesday (29.12.2009). We went to Hahndorf first on Tuesday morning and was greeted by a picturesque lil' town,which resembles a German town (according to my mom who's been to Germany before). The main agenda was of course, to pick cherries and strawberries, as they are ripe and in season. But cherry picking was no longer available so we settled for the latter.




Beerenberg Farm is the place to be for strawberry picking! It was hot and the sun was baking our faces and backs and everything, but it was worth it I tell you! The boys bought us some chocolate sauce so that we could pick and eat on the spot. Of course, I came back with a massive tummy ache that afternoon and horrible sunburn I mean suntan. Hehehe.

Then, we also visited the tallest rocking horse in Gumeracha and against my better judgment... I climbed the rocking horse and almost wet my pants! It was so, so, so high up! The stairs were tiny and I was inappropriately wearing a pair of slippers. It was a tad bit slippery and I was sweating. See for yourself of how high up I went.



The same day, we also went to the highest peak in Adelaide; Mt. Lofty. I was surprised because I've never imagined a mountain to be warm before. I've always associated the word chilly with mountains. And it wasn't just warm I tell you, it was really, really hot and burning! We took some photos and left very soon after.



I was too tired to remember any of the journey after that, but I remember waking up at St. Kilda playground. Big would be too modest a description for that playground because it it humongous! There was a mini flying fox which I tried, and also other things we can find in normal playgrounds, only cut and built for both adults and children. The slides are big, the swings sturdy and even my dad was not exempted from trying them out. Hehehhe.



The day after (Wednesday), my dad and brother asked us whether we wanted to go to Tandanya Cultural show (aborigine cultural show) or Harbourtown. Are you joking?! Of course we opted for Harbourtown. There is so much to see there, plus we've seen Maori cultural shows before so how different can they get right, right right (ayat sedapkan hati sendiri).

We spent half of Wednesday going in and out of shops at Harbourtown. We didn't miss a single one. And of course, we were happy, happy, happy indeed! I managed to surprise my sister with her 8A's gift and my brother managed to surprise us all with his present yang entah bila-bila dia beli. Slight of hand betul.



We had Captain Hook that night, which is rumoured to be the best fish 'n chips in town. It was superbly yummy and the portions are huge! Even after sharing with my mom and sis, I couldn't finish it.

Went for a movie that night at Hoyts and watched Avatar in 3D. I thought that the movie was just okay. Not much to shout out about but the message is loud and clear; let's preserve the environment. I thought that the animation was superb though.

I knew that we didn't really want to sleep that night, because we knew that if we did, we were wasting precious time together. Eventually, we all fell into our slumber and the next thing I know is that we woke up to Thursday, and it was time to go home.

We had a wonderful stay in Adelaide and although Munir might not be reading this, I wish he knew how grateful we are that he willingly let us stay there for 2 weeks. We hope you people enjoy the food we left you. Please do not forget the huge cabbage Mama bought (she almost brought it back home but that was of course before I raised an eyebrow at her and asked her how she thought she was going to get that through customs).

It's been a wonderful holiday. And now, I have to prep myself to get back to work. *Sigh*. Life must go on.


And here's a picture of the little big boss who takes care of everyone's packing.

Comments

thecuriousmind said…
You make me miss Adelaide!

The best Fish N Chips in town is actually dekat Semaphore beach. Orang sanggup tanggu 45mins (due to the massive queue) to get the 5 bux FnC dekat kedai tu eventho ada a couple of FnC shops nearby.

But I can't remember the name exactly.
Haneesa said…
oh, really? my brother will be so happy to know this so i will definitely roget him.

Adelaide was wonderful!

It's really no wonder why you people miss it so much. My brother pergi Melbourne pon homesick Adelaide.

Popular Posts