balas dendam terhadap penat.

It’s 12 p.m. I’ve been doing a good job of not falling asleep although I’m exhausted. Well, to be very honest, I’m not physically exhausted although the ride home was tad bumpy. I’m mentally tired. I’m sure at some point, I’ll tell you what transpired, but maybe I’ll have to wait until I’m less bothered about it before I can write about it without writing a storybook.

Right now, I just want to go for lunch. Well, actually, I think I don’t need lunch that badly. More than anything, I need to trim my unkempt hair, develop my passport photo and eat some Famous Amos. I also need to give Theodore some tender loving care (read: a friend) although I don’t quite have the budget (yet).

Hmmp.

Yesterday, when I got home, my mom was shocked. Yesterday was full of “kena halau pulau” stories. Yes, we were sent back home a day earlier from Pangkor, for various reasons, one of them being; we were acting unperturbed although we were all constantly fired for doing the right things right. We were constantly fired for having fun while we did things which we were not responsible for. We were fired for getting papercuts while we did our job well.

There are many types of people in this world. I’ve come across a few of the many types and now, I consider myself lucky to have met the spiteful type. It’s not easy, dealing with them because they refuse to let things go no matter how settled everything already is. They will keep on bringing issues up when there are no issues and the matter will go on and on and on non-stop. It will not stop. Not now, not ever.

There are also people who want to put a part of themselves in everything. Granted, that’s what we all want. We want to leave a mark, a trail where we walk. But there are, of course, better ways and means to do these things. So that people remember you more. So that people remember you in a better light. But no. there are people who think that whatever they do is the right way, although clearly, it’s not.

The best thing to do when there are obnoxiously insensitive spiteful people around us is to defy them. But then again, there are many ways in which people can defy others. And one of them is by acting unperturbed. Which is exactly what got to them until steam was coming out of their ears.

I’m disturbed by the fact that I didn’t get a day off today. I’m disturbed that I didn’t get enough beach loving. But I’m satisfied. Satisfied that for now, they know the power of the masses.

They should learn that when they want a good team, the team must be a smart one and a smart one will say what they don’t like and move on with their lives, unperturbed by what you think of them.

Lesson learnt.

Ah. I shouldn't have written this. It feels like I’m writing a storybook. Remind me to stop being disturbed about insignificant people. They don’t deserve space in here.

Comments

Popular Posts