ya ya ya yippee ya yay yippee ya yo

I'm currently at home, much to the envy of the lot of you at the office out there! Or in class, even. I'm so gleeful I can't stop boasting that I'M AT HOME!!!

It feels so good to be able to wake up later than usual, to go back to bed for a while more than usual after the alarm went off, and just to languorously mill around the house doing everything at my own pace. Blissful!

When I first applied for leave, I didn't think that I would put it to good use. But then, we received an email instructing us to complete an assignment as a requirement to complete the Certificate, and that's exactly what I did today! I finished my IP assignment and do not want to look at it again, fearing that I get all kiasu-ish and paranoid about not doing a good job about it.

Okay... enough about that.

I haven't packed a single thing for this weekend's Course. Though it'll be in Sabah, I don't think that I would have as much time as I hoped I would get, because we just received a call yesterday confirming our attendance and informing us that class starts at 3.00 p.m., which is so close to touch down time. Bummer!

But whatever it is, I hope that I will be able to make the most out of my time there, as I've never been to Sabah before and I heard that the place is really beautiful. Theodore is so coming along with me this time around :)

Anyway, remember I was aiming on reading at least 5 pages of my book per day? I did try you know, but I just couldn't persevere. Couldn't. I just couldn't see where the book was going and what the author was planning to tell, and all in all, I got really irritated and... started on a new one!



Now, don't call me bossy or stuck up or anything for not favouring chic lit over other books (Cecelia Ahern being an exception), but sometimes, it gets to me that chic lit is so surreal? Like, you know that nothing in life can ever come close to the things that happen in the book.

Little did I know that chic lit was EXACTLY what I needed! I picked this up because it was for some inexplicable reason, on my bookshelves and I enjoyed it so much although I knew that it was predictable and fairytale-ish and yes, surreal.

I now see why most people whose blogs I read write the way they do. I guess what you read does reflect in your writing alot.  But that's okay. Of course, that is a matter of preference and I'm glad to say that I really enjoy this short break from "why so serious" books.

You should try!

Oh, by the way, I resumed reading "The Girl Who Played With Fire" and after that break, it doesn't seem so bad after all :)

Comments

mirasalehin_ said…
i told you it was good :D
me said…
i'm at home too! that's because it's the holidays hehe
Haneesa said…
adik: okay, fine adik, please don't tell me you told me so :)

tasha: okay, that part of your job is what i envy most! best sangat duduk rumah!!!

Popular Posts