they woke up! iyes!

19th December 2009.


They FINALLY got up. I got tired of waiting (insert Taylor Swift song) and was like really, really bored. I went to my mum's room because my siblings were still asleep despite my many attempts to wake them up. Pergi bilik Mama mengadu kat Babah that you people taknak bangun because I was so bored! Hahaha.

My dad managed to wake them up at around 5 + p.m.. We had quick snacks in the room and then, went roaming around town.


First destination: Bourke Street





I told you that I wasn't very impressed with Melbourne. I was quite surprised at the Christmas decorations. It looked nothing like those on Oxford Street and Soho in London but I guess this is just the way the Aussies do it, so who am I to complain, right? (byk songel aku ni)



As we walked down the street, the shops were beginning to close and we were getting colder and colder. So, we headed to Eureka Tower because my brother told us that the sunset from Eureka was splendid. Splendid? Are you joking?? It was amazingly breathtaking alright (despite the pretty bleak weather at that time).




By the way, Eureka is the highest residential tower in the world (88 floors) and it's the first tower with a skydeck. The skydeck is that place where the city is literally at your feet, which you can see through the floor made of glass panes. Faint hearted people like myself are obviously not brave enough to get on the edge, so of course, I didn't go there.





But, we did take photos of the city (and ourselves) in the open air terrace, though I must say that... I have been forewarned! It was so windy!





That evening, we watched the sunset together and took a walk by the Yarra River watching the lights.

The best part is that though I was super bummed out, I couldn't sleep that night.

And did I tell you that I was beginning to like this city :)

Comments

Popular Posts