the journey begins.

G’day mate!

Finally, I’m connected to free (for me anyway) and unlimited internet. It’s been great these past few days, but I thought it wouldn’t hurt updating bits and pieces about my trip while on the go.

So here goes.



18th December 2009

As I mentioned in my earlier post, we were so bummed out the night before from all the excitement and anxiety. I woke up with a slight headache but other than that, things looked pretty good overall. Thank God the flight was at around 1 p.m. so we had plenty of time to get to the airport.

Despite being woozy and dazed, we were chirpy and happy and excited and joking all the way to LCCT. I was still quite worried about the flight though. I really am a sucker for all things comfortable and I was scared that the flight would spoil my excitement. Now, how shall I rate Air Asia X?

Seats. The seats are definitely smaller than those we took on the trip to Penang. Like really. I was gaping in awe and the Aussie next to me exclaimed in extreme surprise of how small the seats are (which is totally understandable considering how long his legs are). My suggestion is that if you have extra to expend, fork out a bit more for premium seats. They look good enough to sleep in :)

In-flight entertainment. Now, if you’re a sleepy traveller like myself, you wouldn’t care a thing about not having anything to do in the plane for 8 hours straight. But please bring your MP4, Ipod or something. Just in case. Otherwise, be ready to fork out some money for movies and radio.



Food. I’ve never known any in-flight food to be yummy. Not even on MAS. Somehow our senses become a bit... numbed when airborne. But to save yourself from all the hassle of having to buy food on the flight itself, pre-book! It’s a good way to diet as well because they only serve once throughout the entire journey (at least for flights bound for Melbourne) and by the time the trolley comes the second round, there aren’t many choices left.

Service. So maybe most of them aren’t as pretty as the trolley dollies of MAS (Denna I’m so proud of you!), but they are super polite and ever willing to assist you in anything.

That’s really all for my update this time around.

I will be back for (almost) day-to-day activities we’ve been doing here.

Until then, have a good day mate!

( I really am having trouble understanding them here so I speak alot more of BM here than back at home (especially bile nak cakap benda-benda supaya dia tak faham ;p) )

Comments

Popular Posts