last day in Melbourne


21st December 2009

What did we do on this day? Hmmm... Obviously we were totally bummed out the night before so we slept so soundly tak sedar apa apa langsung. If I'm not mistaken, my dad had to wake us up.

My dad had some work commitments he had to attend to at RMIT so my  brother accompanied him. The girls had all morning to themselves. Since Queen Victoria Market is closed on Mondays, we obviously couldn't go there to buy more junk woops more souvenirs I mean, so we decided to take the City Circle Tram. After all, we were allowed to go on it for as many times as we liked for free.


So, we waited on Russell Street.



And we waited.

And waited.

And waited. 

And it never quite arrived!

But when we saw one, we ran after it like our lives depended on it (my mom not excluded!).

It was fun to go round the city on the tram. It was a little bit difficult to understand the Aussie slang at first but once I got a hang of it, everything was just okay. The last tram stop was at Harbourtown. I didn't really know at first that Harbourtown is the place to go for shopping. I thought that there was no such thing as a shopping haven in Australia.

That's because I was a bit disappointed when we went to Chadstone while in Phillip Island the day before because everything was just so, so, so expensive. I then knew exactly why Aussies laugh at us for buying stuff in Australia when things are a whole lot cheaper back at home.

Well, anyway, on our second round on the tram, my sister was getting restless so we decided alight at Harbourtown. A decision which I shall not forget nor regret for the entirety of my life.




We bought some things there. Sikit je. Betul tak tipu. And later waited for the boys to arrive. All in all, I was really satisfied with my purchase(S). We even managed to pursuade my mom to share this really gorgeous fringe bag (which she paid for by the way)! She is so, so in! (Even I don't own a fringe bag and she was the one who fancied it first!) Gila stylo.



After that, we went to Rod Laver Arena as my parents are big tennis fans. It wasn't opened but it really is quite grand :)



That night, we had dinner at the infamous Blok M Express, which serves quality and super tasty lele balado and I treated myself to Max Brenner that night. My brother seems to think that Max Brenner is a little bit too overrated. I don't have anything to compare it to and I am a total sucker for all things chocolate, so I enjoyed every sip of my Suckao!



This was our last day in Melbourne and at the end of the Melbourne trip, I thought I liked the city after all. It's very artsy and unique in it's own way. Each and every pathway is filled with art. Be it at the bridges, or the bicycle parking,or even the walls. Each and every nook and cranny is filled with art. Even the library looks interesting.





We called it a night earlier than normal on that day. Couldn't wait to get on the train to Adelaide the next morning.

Comments

HaniRose said…
I love love love Melbourne! :)
Haneesa said…
hahah. i didn't like it at first, but after a while, i thought better of it. it is a unique city after all. and definitely cooler than adelaide :)

Popular Posts