beatings.

There is much dissatisfaction in life. No doubt, no one is perfect and no one can withstand everything. At some point in our lives, we all eventually break down, blow our tops and from thereon emerges the green monster from all of us. It is unavoidable. In fact, once that green monster comes out, there really isn’t much point in thinking about turning back. The is no turning back.

What is avoidable is the beating we allow ourselves to tolerate. Sometimes, I wonder why we indulge in lives of those whose lives are so much better than ours are. Is it so that we could dream of better things for ourselves? Or is it because we are plain silly?

Initially, I admit that it was amusing and entertaining and sometimes, it got to a point that I was perhaps even envious of the lives they lead.

But now, I am concluding that it is rather foolish of me to keep on going back to the same pages and put myself in such inferior position and feelings, when in actual fact, my life is not that bad at all. In fact, in alot of other aspects, my life could just be better off. All that time could be put to better use.

I do not know why we allow ourselves to be inferior to others, even when they are of the same standing. I also do not know why we are so eager to please that we blind ourselves to the fact that there really isn’t much point in trying to please others at our own expense.

I also do not see the point of trying to fit into a glove, which obviously does not fit.

I have learnt a lesson and I learnt it the hard way. All I know now is that the things I learn and the experiences I go through are things of my own choosing. And I know now that people will give us the beatings we allow them to give, especially if we don’t shield ourselves sufficiently.

I fit my own custom-made glove. And I feel good about it.

Comments

abduls said…
i know how u feel. i was there.

now we act intelligently ok?
Athena said…
kesimpulannya, kita kenalah sedar diri dan bersyukur dengan apa yang ada.
Jangan terlalu menongkat ke langit hingga lupa bumi yang dipijak, merana nanti. betul tak awak? ;p
Haneesa said…
abdul: yes intelligently.
ayu: very well said. very well indeed!

Popular Posts