first experience.




After Kg. Serikin, we were just too tired to go anywhere else to be very honest. Not only was the whole ride very close to a boat ride/jet ski/ banana boat (we were bouncing non-stop to and from everywhere), the weather that day was very wicked.

I felt like the sun was boring into my back, ready to make my ribs edible at any steak shop.


Throughout most of the journey after that, all of us slept. That was until we were brought to Fairy Caves. Just one look at the stairs and you would gulp. But I don’t know where we mustered the strength to climb up despite the hot weather. But that was only the beginning because those stairs only led to the mouth of the cave. More steps to count after that. It was both exhilarating and scary at the same time.


The walls of the cave were so cool that the entire place felt like it had air-cond switched on.


But the cave, Subhanallah, is magnanimous! It is so huge we looked like midgets in it (not that I’m that big to begin with). It’s amazing to think that once upon a time, people actually made caves their homes. We were gaping in awe most of the time in the cave.


This was my first experience and I think a first for most of us there as well. Alhamdulillah.

Comments

Popular Posts