office, office, office. shut up office.

The thing about work is that there will always, always be office politics. It can be the very dirty I-bodek-you type, it can be I’m-not-very-good-but-I’m-a-parasite-type and it can be the very, very dirty type, where one does everything, against all odds, against all logic to satisfy their lust for money, sex and position.

I hope I will never be put in that position. I pray to Allah that I will never be one of those to sway to the dark side just because I want more money or more substantial work or a better position at the office.

The other thing which comes out of office politics is office gossip. It’s a bit sick because at times, I feel like everyone’s life is under a microscope. One wrong move and that’s it. one minute they’re your friends and the next thing you know they’ll be looking at you top to toe, analyzing, judging, gossiping some more.

Sometimes, those who are subjected to the unscrupulous stares can do nothing more than pray for the best. The worst part is that these things happen to those who look like they don’t deserve to go through so much hardship in life.

Why is it that all the bad things always happen to those who are so good, it’s almost unbelievable?

And why do people have to talk about other people? I understand if it’s out of genuine concern, but sometimes, it’s apparent that everyone just wants a piece of someone else because feeding off gossip is the only way to make a Monday morning, or any other morning for the matter, alive.

I wish people would just stop.

Kesian dia okay.

tapi kalau orang-orang yang wajar dikutuk sehingga ada KSFC tu takpe. sekian terima kasih.

Comments

iezu said…
the so called "office politics" and "office gossips" are not something new.

it's there since the day we were born. it's there in our family, our school, our uni, our office...it's just there.

i personally don't think it's a matter of politicking/gossiping vs non-politicking/gossiping. but it's a matter of how minimal one does in politicking/gossiping as oppose to the all-out politicking/gossiping.

am i making sense? merapu je i ni. lol

Popular Posts