hello, who are you?

As a person, what are you? Who are you if you were not relative to someone else? Really, have you ever thought of who you are or what you want to be if you were not expected to be someone?

Having my brother home has left me in deep, deep thought about some things. He loves to question. He is a fine critique of all the things that we sometimes take for granted. He makes songs airing on the radio a point of contention. Yes, he’s like that, and he’s my brother.


He likes to ask me what I like besides the things I’m doing (meaning work). I like to:


Talk and write.

Take pictures.
Travel.
Cook.
And dance.


Thing is, more often than not, people don’t ask us what we really like and what we would like to be or how we would like things to be. Remember when we were younger, our parents used to tell us what the “right” professions are. I think kids nowadays are luckier in the sense that their parents don’t chart their course of life. That way, you’re allowed to do the things you love and also gain out of it.


The point I’m trying to make is... well, should you decide to marry and have children, let them think for themselves sometimes. Not everything that worked for our parents works out for us, right? Though some degree of control is necessary, it’s also important to remember that children are born with their own brains for thinking (especially if they're all grown up).
Have a little faith in your upbringing.

Always remember that, as a person I like talking, taking pictures, travelling, cooking and dancing. If you’ve been around in my life long enough, you’ve probably been lucky (ke??!!) enough to have witnessed all of the above.


Although, come to think of it, I only dance in my room ;p

Comments

Anonymous said…
jom gi dancing class

empro
shazanafairuz said…
If you’ve been around in my life long enough, you’ve probably been lucky (ke??!!) enough to have witnessed all of the above.

Can I consider myself lucky? :)
iezu said…
i've only witnessed "talking/writing" and "cooking" (we even made that brownies together once...ingat x?).

2 out of 5, have i been in your life long enough?
Haneesa said…
abduls: yumyum, dancing classes sound soooo appealing right now. i need oxygennn!!

pear: i thought i lost you! lama sangat tak borak!! hehe. and you can consider yourself lucky to have witnessed all of the above. *awas, perempuan, awas, perempuan, awas gerak langkah mu ooo oohh..* sambil menari dan berangan di seremban ;p

din: yes!!! that brownie moment! sangat best. you've been here long, just not enough, so stay longer and even better, forever, okay? :)

Popular Posts