paper girl.

Contrary to what I have been holding myself out to be, I actually do like using my hands – I am a huge fan of handmade, imperfect cards, which make them look all the more rustic. Uuu. Very nice.

Since I’m not so big and not so fussy about the cards and scrap pages being asymmetrical, and non-identical to each other, etc., I find pleasure in making cards and scrap books when I am really in the mood.

Last weekend, Babah called a handyman to come and fix the light on my ceiling (the one above my little workstation in my room) and with such light and clarity, I got to work.

I normally get my papers either from Papier at The Curve or Scrapbook Memories (if I am not mistaken) at Old Wing OU. I find that there is alot more variety at Scrapbook Memories and the Salesperson is alot friendlier and more knowledgeable about the types of papers which go well with which glue and which material, etc. I can spend all day long in that shop, I tell you :).

Anyways, just in case you were wondering, I got to working on these:

I know that they are imperfect and probably a tad too simple for other people’s liking, but I like them because the clean, simple lines sort of define who I am. Though I can’t say for sure that I’m not complicated at all. That would be such a lie.

Anyways, of course saying that I like asymmetrical and imperfect things is just my nicer way of saying how lazy I am to pick up a ruler, mark the lines with a pencil and cut it with a sharp blade. After all, it is called scrap, isn't it? I don't really see the need to be so perfect, especially that I'm doing it for fun ;)

Okay, let's cut to the chase.

rose petals from the rose i bought at the market. they could be put to better use, i thought
paper strips, glue and tips.
and so i began with whatever little creativity i have.
and gave the card to my parents for their 28th anniversary. wow so lama together.
also made a small pocket.
whose birthday is next? you might just get your pressie in here. hehe
and i made another one. for whoever's upcoming birthday or wedding.
Told you that my work is far from perfect. But it passes time by and paper makes me happy. When I'm in the mood, I'll be making many other things out of paper.

This post was random, I know, but this is the 8th post for today. The other 7 remain unpublished because I'm not sure why. Haha. Tipu. Of course I know why, I just decided not to share because it's a tad too personal.

Today is exactly 4 months til then. Time flies so fast. Phew.



Shy to comment? Well, never mind! Your reactions mean the world to me! Make me smile today :)

Comments

Popular Posts