I’m going to miss today.

Hello! I am here in the office, cutting my own Raya holiday short. Partly by choice and partly… well, by non-choice of course. Since I decided to not take a long break after Raya, I got a piece of work which I must submit by tomorrow. Hmm.

Oh, SELAMAT HARI RAYA SEMUA! I am sorry if I have said or written anything that hurt anyone. Trust me, most of the time, I have the very best of intentions. But in the end, it’s how I make you feel that matters, right? So, yes, from the bottom of my heart, I am sorry. 0 – 0 ekh?

Anyways, here I am in the office, trying to finish a paper. I got it last week, but of course, I couldn’t concentrate at all, so it went untouched. I brought it back home, but of course, the only thing I managed to finish was my raya cookies. So, here I am today.

But even if I had to drag my lazy bum out of bed today and the fact that the weather this morning was oh so sedap for sleeping, which didn't help one bit, I really don’t mind being in the office at the moment. Freak? Yeap, freakish aren’t I?

I think I am going to miss this environment when tomorrow comes because tomorrow people will start filing back into the office. It feels different (sometimes not so much in a good way) when there are too many people here. It gets very distracting and trust me, it takes very little to distract me.

3 or 4 phone calls and a string of work emails can really turn me off from whatever I am supposed to be working on. So, today is really good for me. I’m close to finishing my paper and today is coming to its end, SOBS.

So, the next time you’re only given 1 choice – either you stay before or after Raya, choose to come back after Raya. Seriously. Because there’s really no one in the office, you get longer lunch hours and well, you basically get to do your pending work at your own pace, in your own time without so much distraction.

Plus, there aren’t that many people you need to share you Raya cookies with (yet) so that’s obviously a BIG BONUS. Haha. Kedekut nak mamps.

This was my last Raya as a single person. I will write about my Raya when I get the chance to transfer my photos okay?

For now, I am just going to enjoy the last few moments of tranquility which will probably end tomorrow.


Shy to comment? Well, never mind! Your reactions mean the world to me! Make me smile today :)

Comments

Popular Posts