barter trade.

I was supposed to receive some Raya goodies on Monday, but I was too proud to claim it and obviously too shy (shy la sangat, padahal, hmm…) to throw a tantrum, so I kept my cool although the gift bearer was to be seen everywhere in the office on that day.

Yesterday, I waited again, to no avail.

Today, I got a phone call and wallah! My Raya wish has been granted.


I LOVE rare delicacies such as these. This is kulupis, by the way. It is sticky rice (pulut) wrapped in kulupis leaf and I have been made to understand that it is a Sabah delicacy. The last time I tasted this was probably in 2008 during the open house?


So, I’m sure you can imagine how happy I am right now! Right right right?

AND… Being an avid pulut and rendang eater also helps, A LOT! (ESP HOMEMADE ONES LIKE THIS)


Ah, terima kasih banyak-banyak Anak Boss, my good friend! He didn’t forget his promise, yyyayyy!

But of course, in return, he took possession of my chocochip cookies, like the whole (which only had ½ left) container. But all is good. Anything for kulupis!

I’m going to go and eat now.Bye!

BURPDATE: the 2 year wait was super worth it. Burp. Alhamdulillah :)

BURPDATE 2: I was told in the lift just now that it's actually irik leaf. My colleague says its nirik. But whatever it is, it's not Kulupis leaf. That's the name of the dish.

BURPDATE 3: I think more people than I know read this space. Oh, well. I can't go into hiding forever right? Participate in the poll! :) Please and thank you

Shy to comment? Well, never mind! Your reactions mean the world to me! Make me smile today :)

Comments

Popular Posts