makan. makan. makan.

I think every year, I resolve to do the same thing before Raya but I end up not doing it. Yes, every year, I resolve to take some days off before Raya because I know that there is absolutely nothing I can do when I clock in, not because there’s nothing to do, but simply because I just can’t put my mind to really doing it.

Hmm.

But of course, here I am today, in the office, wishing I was not here, thinking about the cookies I should be baking. But, here I am. Typical of me, isn’t it? Next year I must take leave before Raya. Did I just resolve to do the same thing again? Haih. I never learn. Tsk.

Anyways, these past few days have been SO. FULL. OF. FOOD. Oh dear. I think I have been eating non-stop since Friday night iftar.

SELF DECLARED SIBLING ;)
obviously happy and full :)

On Friday, my dad got some vouchers to break fast at Renaissance and so, all 4 (luckily Adik is home) +1 (Adik’s bestfriend, our self-declared sibling) went for a round of buffet. Hmm. Though for my size, I do eat quite a substantial amount, I do still think that I am the most tak berbaloi person to bring for a buffet, especially so during Ramadan. My constricted tummy space and the limited time to eat just makes things worst. But of course, since we were there, apa lagi, makan lah!

heaven sent, i tell you!
ting ting. only round one.

As usual though, since I knew that I just had to have everything I love from the buffet spread, I strategized each round of food. Haha. OCD much, I know, but I MUST taste everything I like. And the only way to do that is with proper planning.

Ratings:
I rate Renaissance buffet spread as a whole as 3.5 – I have seen better variety;
I rate Renaissance food as 4.5 – because even with limited choices, all their choices are delicious;
I rate Renaissance dessert as 2 – note that desserts and food are not the same to me. OMG the tepung pelita tasted so weird like susu tepung plus creamer(!), the cakes weren’t sweet. Like, how possible is it for cakes NOT to be sweet?; and
The only consolation to the lack of sweet treats is the chocolate fountain. Uhuh. That really made my night.

UUUUU (U.U)
chocolate fountain overload.
YES, OBVIOUSLY!

But that night, I was retching at the toilet bowl (sorry disgusting) and I suspect it was the chowder that I ate. It couldn’t have been the amount or the other things I ate because everyone ate what I ate, apart from chowder and this must have been one of my best-planned eating strategies of all time. Haha. So, chowder's the cause! Ugh.

On Saturday, we had iftar with the Kesayangans. I haven’t met them since… my engagement maybe? So, it was really nice catching up and I can’t believe that one of my friends already has a bump! A baby bump, that is. I mean, it’s not that I don’t know that she’s pregnant and it’s only fair that she has a bump, but when I do bump (HAHA LAME) into her at the office, I can’t see the bump through her office clothes, but this??? I just couldn’t stop staring, I tell you.

mamita yang best!
jajajajajaj! ;p
misters
girly group.
lucky guy on the left to have so many "girlfriends" ;p
and this is called a baby bump :') (please don't ban and berdendam with me, but i couldn't help it! this baby bump photo is too cute!

It’s somewhat amazing how much an unborn child (+mommy of course) can by loved. We were planning Batsie’s Bachelorette (it was a bummer she couldn’t join, but at least we got to talk about the party without having to whisper or pass notes under the table hehe) and we took the baby (and mommy) into consideration for everything we were planning to do. Babies are huge miracles, don’t you think so? I already can’t wait to see him/her!

Well, anyway, we had loads of fun. I’ve always loved being around these people. Because we’ve got a certain level of similar craziness which only we can somehow understand. Heee.

I think I didn’t go out on Sunday. Eh, wait, I did, but only to get Baju Raya for Adik. I didn’t get myself any because none tickled my fancy. But we had some lip smacking nasi lemak ayam that Mama cooked that night.

And yesterday! Yesterday was sesi berkenalan with the Mister’s colleagues. Just like the rest of the things in our relationship, I’m a bit of a mystery to the people around him too. We don’t share the same profession and University and so, we don’t have common friends, but that’s about to change now, since we clicked instantly last night! I didn’t take out my big camera (big as compared to camera phones) though, because I didn’t know whether or not it was appropriate at the very first meet ;)

Well, off to work I go. Though I have absolutely no idea how I am going to get it done with Raya songs already playing since 7.30 a.m.!


Shy to comment? Well, never mind! Your reactions mean the world to me! Make me smile today :)

Comments

Popular Posts