you beef jerky.

For the longest time, my stigma of guys being jerks has been stunted by the circumstances in my life. Having gone through boy cousins who forgot me totally when they were in their “boy group” and silly ex-boyfriends who were completely oblivious to what I was worth, great guys came my way, and I no longer had any reason to call guys jerks anymore. That was of course, until today came.

You see, there have been guy friends of mine whom have attempted at hitting on me. I know they think I don’t know because I don’t respond, but that’s only because I am not flighty, I am extremely loyal and of course, quite proper. So, I deal with flirtations properly so that the member of the opposite sex doesn’t get the wrong idea.


Abu once told my friends that there was this guy who was “fond” of me; that he had the hots for me because he wasn’t treating me like he was treating the rest of the girls. And naturally, I brushed the thought aside because it was ridiculous. Of course it was ridiculous.


But then, when I started working, I came to realise that Abu might not have been making things up after all. To some extent, Abu’s allegations were quite accurate. But like I mentioned, I appropriately dealt with it because he’s a great friend. And I wasn’t about to lose a great guy friend just because someone told me he was “fond” of me and that he might probably be pining for me. So, I acted like a friend should.


As time went by, he was becoming nicer and nicer and I was starting to get a bit afraid that he had developed feelings which he should not be having for me. He made remarks and exclamations and treated me in a way my not-so-easily-jealous-boyfriend would find threatening. He fed me with good food every time I passed by his cubicle. He made sure I was in the list of people he gave goodies to whenever he came back from anywhere.


So, despite his foul mouth, I knew that he was a good guy inside. And like him, I made sure I included him in the list of people who would get goodies if I came back from somewhere and in today’s case, I didn’t exclude him when I was distributing my cupcakes in the office.
All in all, we were still friends regardless of what he felt or what I thought he felt.

Little did I know that he was just as much as a jerk as some other average guy. I tolerate his foul mouth because most of the remarks he makes are to me and me alone. And most of the time, they are true, so like it or not, someone has to tell me. Or when he says not-so-true things in a foul but joking manner, it’s always in front of my colleagues or friends who know me well enough not to judge me.


But today, he just crossed the line.


Not only did he NOT thank me for the cupcakes (he had to wait until he bumped on me at the staircase), he also made remarks which were hurtful, not only because he made me sound bimbotic, but also because he openly made those remarks in front of some other person (practically a stranger to me) who didn’t know me at all.


That person could have deciphered the statement in a 1001 ways and made the conclusion that I was chasing after this guy friend of mine like I was the desperado. And on top of that, this guy friend of mine only acts that way when he’s around his guy friends. Like when he’s talking to me alone, he’s all nice and tentative and the next thing you know, he’s acting all macho and jerk-like around his peers just so he doesn’t end up looking like he’s treating women (
or specifically me) too nicely.

Like what’s wrong with treating girls nicely even in front of other guy friends? My brother does it. My Encik does it. Even Encik’s guy friends treat me real nicely even when around their other guy friends.


Apparently, some people’s mouths speak faster than their minds could actually think of the consequences.


It still hurts, thank you.I wish you didn't think it was so funny saying what you said.

Comments

iezu said…
i think i know who you're talking about. emmm..

anyway, when u used the term bimbotic, i was like "wujud ke istilah tu (sambil tersengih2)?".

turns out i'm like so outdated on this whole urban slang thingy when i googled the term and got 21800 hits. silly me...ahahaha

ps: semalam i lalu ur house nak pick up hani tapi sbb in a rush so x sempat nak amik cuppies......

pps: ur word verification is "excre". guess what instantly came to mind? ahahaha
Haneesa said…
ahaha, you sure you know???
when i write "bimbotic" there's a red line under the word. it doesn't exist but i put it anyways. wahahahhaha.

excre? taik lembu??

amik la cepat please the cuppies.. adlin and mamita mungkin malam ni amik
:)
Haneesa said…
ahaha, you sure you know???
when i write "bimbotic" there's a red line under the word. it doesn't exist but i put it anyways. wahahahhaha.

excre? taik lembu??

amik la cepat please the cuppies.. adlin and mamita mungkin malam ni amik
:)
Anonymous said…
bimbotic is a real word. hahahah.

well miss H, there are guys like that exists in this world. it's sumthing that has to do with the so called 'guys code'. you know, have to be macho macho man with their friends, but when the guys are gone, omg, he can be soooo the mamat bunga.

as what i kena also lah, i am mamat bunga. that was a reference from a very close guy friend of mine.

the thing is, i dont really care. its really important to treat you're significant other with much love and respect. cause everything is karma, do good, you get good things in return. do bad.. well you know the deal lah.

and FYI, this is my 'girly' side taking over. crap. need to be more macho! *runs off to get a spanner and working on something mechanical and greased*

lol.
Haneesa said…
that's why la i was sooo shocked amed. coz abdul, you, azrul, syah, like every guy treats us all so nicely. like u treat me nicely, abdul treats mamin nicely and azrul and syah treats us both nicely and the list goes on and on and on. no need to be so nasty right right. stupid male ego (not applicable to all, i know most are nice.. haih)

no need spanar jaya la hei. nak jadik male chauvinist pulak. ahahahha

Popular Posts