what about now?

These days, I’m always deep in thought. There haven’t been those fleeting moments when I felt like writing something and actually end up writing it for a while now. These days, my thoughts remain just thoughts. They haven’t made their way into the blogging world just yet. I’m not so sure why.

Yesterday, I got a phone call from a dear friend. I could get used to people calling me to tell me they miss me, I really can. But yesterday’s conversation was nothing short of… disturbing. It’s about the choices we make and the paths we take. And mostly, it was about the reasons we make those choices.

Sometimes, I think it ridiculous that other people determine the way in which we should go. I always despise it when the course of my life is chartered like I were a ship on schedule, but I understand the part where we sometimes don’t have a choice. I wish we had more choice sometimes.

Can someone tell us they know what’s best for us, even if they are our parents? I know parents want the best for their children, but knowing what is best is a different thing altogether. I appreciate the fact that they have brought us up with so much care and love in the world that they wouldn’t want anything less than best for us, but does that really, really make them know what best is?

That’s really just a moot point. More like a rhetorical question I don’t expect anyone to answer.

On a lighter and not-s0-related-at-all note, I have started baking again. Yesterday, I was on leave and so I decided to end the day with one of my favourite pastimes. Although one of the recipe’s a new one I got off the internet, it’s quite yummy, if I may say so myself (puji diri sendiri, of course). I also made chocolate brownies cupcakes…

Sometimes, I wish I had more off days. Sometimes, I wish I could sit down and think about now and not tomorrow or next month or next year. Sometimes, I really just wished we could live for the day. I’m not so sure why we keep on thinking about tomorrow and the days after.

But I guess that’s just the way things go in our lives. One minute we’re all unburdened by worry and the next thing we know we’re not so sure what we’re living for anymore.

As for tonight, I’m going to practice my buttercream skills.

Comments

iezu said…
"One minute we’re all unburdened by worry and the next thing we know we’re not so sure what we’re living for anymore."

i SO hear you...
Haneesa said…
yes, i know. it's crazy ain't it. haih...
Anonymous said…
sorry for the disturbing call kak. i know it is shocking, but i cant bear it alone. and i need some time, actually. everything happened too fast. I am scared as hell. i know it sounds wrong, but i am ADAPTING. instead of moaning here and there, and questing what's best and what's not for me, i have learn to adapt, and yes, it seemed pretty easy. but it is not.

Im hoping time can heal me over.
Haneesa said…
you know i love you and you know i'll always be there. disturbing call or not. you know i got your back. lots of hugs. hope you feel better :)

Popular Posts