the lovely bride.


The shitty mood I’m in right now does not at all reflect the great weekend I had. But I’m on a break from work. My back aches. Get it? Aches. My head is also pounding because my nose is runny and its tersumbat, you know. Tersumbat.

But I really had a good weekend. It even started on Friday afternoon during lunch, where I got myself a pretty pair of heels (since I forgot to bring mine along for the wedding. gile blessing in disguise). And that night after we got the cupcakes for the wedding, we went to Pappa Kopitiam for dinner.

I had loads of fun girls! And the hazelnut thingy is addictive. Saya mahu lagi!

The next morning, we pushed off from Jaja’s place at 6.30 after Subuh. I was surprised that we were both fresh and chirpy and happy though we slept around 2 the night before. And I know that Simba was super excited to have a guest around since he woke me up that night to ask me to play.

Met the rest of the group at Sungai Buloh Jejantas for breakfast and then we headed off to Penang.

Rempit okay. I don’t think I want to even think about the speed at which we were going. It was ridiculous and the thought of it right now makes me want to puke of fear. But Alhamdulillah, we arrived safely and on time (obviously) and managed to hand over the cupcakes to the proud wifey (solemnized just a few minutes before we arrived) and hanged around the area taking photos and whatnot.

Nasi Dalca is absolutely S.C.R.R.U.M.P.T.I.O.U.S.S.S.S.. I had 2 pieces of ayam masak merah and the nasi is just to die for! It was fantastic. We hanged around after eating and waited for the rombongan lelaki to arrive.

The whole thing was very traditional in the sense that there were kompang and menepung tawar sessions. I loved the kompang group who sang like they really, really enjoyed it, which made a lot of difference to the mood of the ceremony.

It was very simple actually. Weddings done at home are actually the best because they are the most personal and the most laidback.

Congratulations to Hunny who is now a wifey! I’m sure Pyan will take good care of you because he obviously loves you to bits and pieces :)


(more on the trip in the next entry)

Comments

Popular Posts