Passion and profession.

I believe that not everyone has been given the chance to do the things they are most passionate about. And at times, I believe that your passion shouldn’t be your job. That would be like the perfect conflict of interest. And that’s in my own personal opinion, at least.

You know why it would be like a conflict of interest? That’s because at one point in your life, you won’t be able to decide whether or not you love the money more or the job more. It’s like when you get real good at your job, people will come to know of you and with the jobs you get, money will come pouring and then, at one point, it might be more about the money than the actual job.

My simple example would be… blogging. You see, I love blogging; it’s practically a job. At times, I feel like it’s my first job. Like I need to report myself to it every single morning when I come to work. And I know some people read my blog but don’t tell me they do. But I am aware I have silent readers. No, don’t worry, I haven’t installed Live Feed and hid it to spy on you. I don’t really mind who my readers are, so long as you’re not some psycho who writes about me in a hate blog somewhere. And believe me, I have quite an instinct, and my mojo dissolves when I feel like some not-so-good people are here.

I also happen to love baking, but I haven’t sold anything at all, not like suggested by my friends and colleagues. I've attempted to, but I just ended up giving them away. I find joy in baking just for the fun of it. I find happiness in simply baking and calling my friends to get their fair share of my experiments just because I love them. It’s a lot more satisfying that way. I really am not a very calculative person :)

I don’t know why I wrote about this in the very beginning. Maybe it’s just because it sometimes gets to me when people love their job sotoo much, it’s all they ever talk about. It’s unnerving. Because life really isn’t about work and work alone, right? No doubt the job puts food on the table, but it shouldn’t be our life. I mean, it can be, but it shouldn’t be everything. What happens to weekends and handbags and manicures and pedicures and window shopping and good food and most of all, RESTING, if life is all about work?

It’s okay to be passionate about what you are doing but of course there must be a balance. Because like all things in life, passion fizzles at some point. What differentiates them is the fact that some passions can be revived and some flames just lose their heat.

So, as a reminder to myself, I will try to not to be so into my job, that it consumes me. I would like to read more papers, read more story books and watch more TV series.

Mama, I wish you could read this.

and p.s: i'm giving my cupcakes away. first in rank: Kesayangans. sila la pick up, saya sedia menunggu, okay? those in the area can come too, but please let me know, nanti tak cukup pula. sekian.

Comments

iezu said…
WHEN CAN I PICK UP??? (am not yelling, just excited...!) hehe
Haneesa said…
tonite!
come come over!
livingblossoms said…
jinan likes this! *thumbs up*

macam facebook pula..hehe
Haneesa said…
ahahahahha :))
Jinan, iye seriously macam facebook.
but i like that concept. maybe i should buat you like this or not feature ;p

Popular Posts