honey, honey, how you thrill me.

 the best I tell you!

Very recently (as in around 2 weeks ago), I began a “honey” diet. And with the honey diet, my milk intake has increased because honey just makes everything taste a whole lot better. And it helps that Anlene is really tasty (even on its own), so I can happily say that my bones are in good hands, InsyaAllah.

Only recently, I began developing zits. At the most deplorable places you can imagine. And don’t even start me on how painful they can get because of the unstrategic choice of location (read: under the nose, on the nose, near the chin). And then, it hit me!

I once (upon a time ago) used to eat honey with everything imaginable. I drank milk with honey, ate toast with honey, marinated chicken with honey, put honey masks on my face. Everything was about the lovely, gooey, sweet stuff. That was of course, until I discovered that zits would develop (more than usual) every time I consumed honey.

So, last night I asked Mama whether or not honey is “warm”.

And she said, 
Yes, it is panas. Why?
So, I told her that I have been consuming honey and now, there are zits under my nose and all over.
She then said,
Rather than you sitting in front of your computer opening Facebook, why don’t you Google on honey instead?

Baiklah. So, I did. And I found out that there is nothing bad about honey at all! None of the webpages found by Google can badmouth honey and they’ve got all honeyed things to say about it ;p

To sum it up, these are the top 5:

Honey Nutrition #1: Complex Sugar and Carbohydrates
Honey Nutrition #2: Complex Carbohydrates
Honey Nutrition #3: Vitamins and minerals (in fact better than vege and fruit!)
Honey Nutrition #4: Amino Acids
Honey Nutrition #5: Antioxidants

So, you see. I just can’t make head and tail of why honey is causing me zits, when the scientific research has found out otherwise. It actually contains Vitamic C, which is supposed to be good for the skin!

And then, during lunch, while I was looking for my fork to eat my lunch, I found this (ONLY quarter full):


And I had the cheek to blame honey?

Pfftt. So pandai sometimes.

p.s: Did I tell you how much Nips I used to eat as well? Just about the same time I used to consume honey with just about everything. Kesimpulan is that I have to ditch the Nips diet now :'(

photos googled.

Shy to comment? Well, never mind! Your reactions mean the world to me! Make me smile today :)

Comments

Popular Posts