6 ekor ayam menjadi mangsa

On Saturday night, we had a mini get-together. I normally get to see only 11 (or less) of them (the Futsie Gang) so it was nice to have a bigger (albeit not even 20%) of the whole batch there.

In the process, 6 chickens were given the honour of feeding us, a lot of homemade everything was brought to the table and we had more than enough food to feed the entire batch, I tell you! We've all become such good cooks :'). Oh, how far we've come.

And us being us, there was a lot of noise, alot of gossip, a lot of stories and mostly, a lot of love. I can't upload any photos though, as due respect must be given to my hijab-clad friends ;)

(okayla, ada satu yang can)

Thanks a million to Apan for hosting the get-together and for all those who brought all the yummy food! (ESPECIALLY Ude, I KNOW YOU ARE READING THIS! I want that nasi goreng tomyam, termimpi-mimpi please!)


Well, anyways, I was accompanied by Nadd dearest that night (and she, accompanied by me) since our parents are both strict and unless and until we go out with our “trusted” ones, we don’t really go out that much.

In the car, to and from Apan’s house, we were talking about how some people NEVER change.

And I thought they did. I honestly, honestly thought they would. What is it that makes them the way they are? No, really. I’m not just being rhetorical. I know that some people act the way they act because they are hurt. They are hurt so deeply hurt inside, even they don’t know it. And the worst part is that they cannot help but to want to hurt others as well.

But I can take it if we say “they cannot help it” when we know that they can’t. What I can’t tolerate is when they use the excuse “I cannot help it” after like a gazillion times repeating the same “mistake” (which to them, is completely NORMAL, so to speak), while all the while being very much conscious about what they are doing.

And how do I know that they are conscious? Because they can’t stand other people doing the same things that they are doing to other people. Get it? Please tell me you get it? Because I can’t bother explaining.

And I’m not pissed off unnecessarily with these people who never change because I’m such a busybody. I’m pissed because the same thing happened to me and I can no longer call it a consequence anymore. Some people have the same Modus Operandi and think that in everything, friendship is thicker than partners when that is NOT necessarily the truth or how it should always be.

Yes, some people might scorn on me for saying that. Everyone puts friendship above all else because without friends, who are we? In every failed relationship, we run back to our friends. And no matter how much we ignored them during the relationship, most friends would willingly welcome us back. But what if we know our friend all too well AND trust our partners more than we actually trust our friend? Wouldn’t it be best to believe in our partner, especially if the same MO has been repeated on some other (close) friend of ours who had to go through the same ordeal?

I can’t tolerate it anymore. I thought they would change. I guess I was way too optimistic.

This (the story of the one who never changed) is the only thing which spoiled my weekend.

Other than that, IT WAS GREAT!



Shy to comment? Well, never mind! Your reactions mean the world to me! Make me smile today :)

Comments

ude said…
hahaha..tq kakak~tay2 jek ude baca
Haneesa said…
hehehe. nasik tu mmg super sedap please. sedap sangat.
dira said…
setuju pasal nasi Ude!

btw Kakak nasib baik i brought back only 2 of ur chocolate-topped cupcakes haha. habis sekali makan kot!!! BAHAYAAAAAAAAAA :) tahniah, chep!
Haneesa said…
dirr: kan kan kan. next time reunion, mmg nak suruh ude bawak nasi tu lagi. boleh jual kot sedap sangat.

glad you like the cuppies. nasib la rasa dia ada though rupa macam molten lava terbalik. hehehhehe ;)

Popular Posts